2021 New Music

dentalplan

Yumi Zouma have done a semi-acoustic version of this track from one of their old EPs. Obviously it's lovely.

For the vinyl heads among you it's as part of a re-release of their 3 early EPs on original 10" vinyl and some new colour editions.  All on Bandcamp.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Pretty standard stuff from Foo Fighters here

Went to see if the album was out and misread it as 'Mediocre at midnight.' 

Last 3 times I saw them was the same stale show tbh. But of course I'll still fork out the money and see it all over again

18 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Looks like a big day today, got Sleaford Mods, Pom Poko, Hospital Bracelet and the aforementioned shame and Beach Bunny albums.

Whenever I hear the name Pom Poko, I goes through my head like Will Butler singing Rokoko. 

True story. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, theesundayroast said:

I wan't big on songs of praise at all but the new Shame album has me icredibly hooked. Feeling a lot of talking heads and parqurt courts on this one.

That's what I was trying to think of while I was listening to it! Got the TH vibe but couldn't pin the other down.

Shame and Sleaford Mods for me today. Good to get some new music in my ears again!

Listened to Shame a few times - its outstanding. Seems ridiculous to call it this early but I can't see many albums ahead of it in the AOTY list. It grabbed me on the first listen which is rare.  

26 minutes ago, theesundayroast said:

I wasn't big on songs of praise at all but the new Shame album has me icredibly hooked. Feeling a lot of talking heads and parqurt courts on this one.

Great shout on the PC comparison, they were a band that didn’t click with me straight away but then became a big fan so will definitely give this a few more spins 

15 minutes ago, EssexIndie said:

Shame and Sleaford Mods for me today. Good to get some new music in my ears again!

Listened to Shame a few times - its outstanding. Seems ridiculous to call it this early but I can't see many albums ahead of it in the AOTY list. It grabbed me on the first listen which is rare.  

AccurateAlarmedGrison-size_restricted.gif

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, theesundayroast said:

I wasn't big on songs of praise at all but the new Shame album has me icredibly hooked. Feeling a lot of talking heads and parqurt courts on this one.

If you think Shame sounds like Parquet Courts, have you heard 'Blunt Instruments' by Mush? Getting quite a few plays on 6 music at the mo - genuinely thought it was PQ on 1st listen!

Sorry, haven't worked out how to post a link on my new phone, but I'm sure people will find it.

Just had the Shame vinyl delivered but waiting for tonight to listen with a few drinks! 🙂

A lot of other days of the year I'd confidently say Pom Poko had released the best guitar album of the day. Credit to shame though, they've claimed that ahead of them today (I still highly recommend PP though). Sleaford Mods have done it again, I never doubted them, imagine everyone round here has probably made their mind up on them already at this point. Wasn't majorly fussed about anything else I heard today.

7 minutes ago, priest17 said:

A lot of other days of the year I'd confidently say Pom Poko had released the best guitar album of the day. Credit to shame though, they've claimed that ahead of them today (I still highly recommend PP though). Sleaford Mods have done it again, I never doubted them, imagine everyone round here has probably made their mind up on them already at this point. Wasn't majorly fussed about anything else I heard today.

Agreed on Pom Poko, Shame and Sleaford Mods, but no love for the Hospital Bracelet album? Just finished it based on your post mentioning them earlier and think it's rather good.

29 minutes ago, PDAD said:

Agreed on Pom Poko, Shame and Sleaford Mods, but no love for the Hospital Bracelet album? Just finished it based on your post mentioning them earlier and think it's rather good.

I liked it but wasn't particularly grabbed, works been up and down this morning though so I'll give it another spin when I'm a bit less frantic ahah