2021 New Music

dentalplan

31 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

As my name suggests I can only encourage this behaviour!

🙂 

Well the album is great as has been said. I didn't manage to get a ticket to the Bristol gig but just noticed she is playing and signing at Rough Trade this Sunday (1PM) so have taken a slice of that action, I hope you approve

9 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

🙂 

Well the album is great as has been said. I didn't manage to get a ticket to the Bristol gig but just noticed she is playing and signing at Rough Trade this Sunday (1PM) so have taken a slice of that action, I hope you approve

I do. Enjoy and if you get to talk to her tell her she's aced it. 2 years ago I saw her twice and the second gig came because she needed money for Christmas and was broke so she did a smaller acoustic tour. I remember feeling really bad when I heard that (so much so I went home and bought the vinyl and a t-shirt from her website) so I am chuffed to bits for her that this album is going so well. 

29 minutes ago, lessthanwill1 said:

New Grouper album is beautiful.  The last song - Kelso (Blue Sky) - is particularly exquisite! 

Yeah this is brilliant. Maybe I’m remembering wrong but I thought she was giving up the Groiper moniker a couple of years back so great to hear new stuff from her and for it to be so lovely. 

28 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah this is brilliant. Maybe I’m remembering wrong but I thought she was giving up the Groiper moniker a couple of years back so great to hear new stuff from her and for it to be so lovely. 

That does ring a bell yeah.  And then she released that album under the Nivhek name.  Agreed that it’s good to hear new stuff - it’s up there with some of her best work! 

9 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Just finished the first listen. The more "traditional" PC tracks make it accessible, but the Talking Heads-esque stuff is likely what will keep me coming back for more. Big thumbs up.

Big thumbs up from me too. Early days, but a strong contender to be high in my top ten AOTY.