2021 New Music

dentalplan

1 hour ago, Dark Star said:

Didn't Arcade Fire say they were nearly complete on their new record a while back, or did I imagine that? 

As for The War On Drugs, really hopeful we'll get that toward the end of next year. Sounds like it's well on the way...

Opposite way around on these, I reckon.

Win and Regine from Arcade Fire have just made a stack of demos rather than complete songs. The actual recording will have only recently started once they got in the same room again in October or around then and then there's the post-production. I think that will be with us towards the end of the year.

The War on Drugs I could see coming a lot sooner as they're already most of the way through completing the songs. Plus they've got live dates in their schedule for summer so I can see them releasing that in time for shows, say May or June.

Exciting times though. Much like @kingcrawler it seems that a lot of my faves have synced up the year they release albums now and 2021 looks to be when the fruits are going to bear. And it seems that gigs will actually come back at some point in the next twelve months. Fuck yeah.

1 minute ago, Brownie30 said:

New Manchester Orchestra album due out in "early 2021" too - all recorded and mastered already apparently. A Black Mile to the Surface was my favourite record of 2017 so this is one I'd be very excited for (along with most others mentioned in the thread so far). 

Very good news, they were a big find for me that year. 

5 hours ago, Brownie30 said:

New Manchester Orchestra album due out in "early 2021" too - all recorded and mastered already apparently. A Black Mile to the Surface was my favourite record of 2017 so this is one I'd be very excited for (along with most others mentioned in the thread so far). 

Really glad to hear this, they are such a great live band. An album and tour would be brilliant 

Liam Howlett hinted as recently as Christmas Eve that there'll be new Prodigy material out in 2021. Not sure if that's a single, EP or album. I'd imagine they have loads of recorded vocals from Flinty but it'll be more interesting to see the direction they go from a live performance perspective. More guest vocalists might be fun, especially live. I loved Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned, which followed that formula, but it isn't considered by most as their best work. We'll see...

8 hours ago, Punksnotdead said:

Pretty much no-one's got an excuse NOT to release a record in 2021, have they? (Well, apart from John Lennon, Amy Winehouse, etc) - I mean, they've had fuck all else to do, haven't they?

Ian Brown has been busy cracking the global lizard conspiracy.

Edited by Hugh Jass

13 hours ago, Punksnotdead said:

Pretty much no-one's got an excuse NOT to release a record in 2021, have they? (Well, apart from John Lennon, Amy Winehouse, etc) - I mean, they've had fuck all else to do, haven't they?

Even they don't have an excuse, Paul McCartney just got a number one album out and he died years ago

Here is a quick, off the top of my head roundup of rap stuff I'm looking forward to:

• Drake- after a string of disappointing albums, I'm hoping for at least few good singles or maybe even a return to form from the "certified lover boy"
  • Kendrick- needs no explaining, just hope I can hear it at the pyramid 
  • J Cole- I've never been huge on him, but his feature run in 2019 makes me think he might pull through with a great project
  • Tierra Whack- Whack World was one of the most fun, creative projects from a new artist I've heard in a long time and I am praying her debut drops in 21!
  • SZA, Isaiah Rashard and Ab-Soul (TDE)- It's been a while!
  • Madlib & Pusha T, and The Neptunes & Pusha T- I'm kinda sceptical of both dropping but who knows
  • Slowthai- I've been avoiding the singles (I usually do for albums I'm anticipating), but people seem to be fucking with them. The loosies have been good too
Edited by Haan
  • Upvote 1