2021 New Music

dentalplan

8 hours ago, dentalplan said:

New song from Jack White. There's a Call of Duty trailer version, and a stripped back one for those who aren't infinitely content with just one version. Pretty cool.

YES! He's back!!

I was so confused, heard the snippet of the COD version yesterday then heard the bluegrass version today thinking that was the actual released version.

Like both version btw.

It's taken long enough, but finally got round to the Imagine Dragons album, and absolutely loved it. I've not actively disliked them for anything after Night Visions, but my fandom definitely faded a fair bit, but this one seems to have exploded the fandom again.

Probably listen to the Coldplay one tonight for the Listening Party.

I've been way off the track with new music this year, probably more than ever. Seem to be getting better at playing catch up these days though and have listened to a few. Fontaines D.C.'s latest was a massive disappointment for me. Sam Fender's didn't have the energy of the debut but I still very much enjoyed it. The Lathums' bored me shitless.

I'll be doing a bit of a better look at stuff that's came out over the last year and get stuck into it.

I’m going in with an open mind because they’re one of my favourite bands, but can’t say any of the three Parquet Courts singles are getting me particularly excited about this new album, or at least I think they all sound a bit generic/heard this all before. Not that I’m expecting them to break the mould with each album, and that Plant Life song at least sounded different even if it is essentially a Talking Heads pastiche, but I’m getting bit of a on-autopilot vibe from the rest. Hope I’m proven wrong come Friday. 

Not seen this here so I thought I'd post even though its a few months old. Lead singer of Dead Pretties released a few solo songs under the name Wunderhorse. Took a few listens but the first single is one of my favourite singles this year. The 2nd single is quite the departure from the 1st but got potential.

53 minutes ago, Slugy said:

Not seen this here so I thought I'd post even though its a few months old. Lead singer of Dead Pretties released a few solo songs under the name Wunderhorse. Took a few listens but the first single is one of my favourite singles this year. The 2nd single is quite the departure from the 1st but got potential.

Thanks for this, loved Dead Pretties (social experiment was my top listened to song of 2017 apparently), was gutted when they kicked it. Looked knackered on the first night of their first tour to be fair. 

I like this anyway, not as immediate as his last band but I can see it getting played a fair bit.

Finally had a chance to have a proper go at Xenia Rubinos new album, pretty different again from her but keeping the quirk alive. Much more RnB and it works well with her voice. Not matched the strong start her first 2 albums have and can see me skipping the first 2 tracks in the future but really picks up by the end. 

Thought the lyrics were class and sung with some power as well, there was an NME article on his new project and stated each verse was a real story from his friends. Loving it.

14 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Thanks for this, loved Dead Pretties (social experiment was my top listened to song of 2017 apparently), was gutted when they kicked it. Looked knackered on the first night of their first tour to be fair. 

I like this anyway, not as immediate as his last band but I can see it getting played a fair bit.

1 hour ago, benali said:

Black Metal 2 by Dean Blunt comes out on Friday. If it matches up to any of his previous albums it will be a great listen.

It's been out for a while, it's on spotify now.

I wasn't really a fan to be far, Black Metal is one of my favourite albums of the 2010's but Black Metal 2 felt too abstract and dreamy even for Dean. The genre switches felt less fresh this time round as well. I hope you enjoy it though.