2021 New Music

dentalplan

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Got the new Sam Fender album on during my commute this morning… just like the first one I *should* like it but it just does nothing for me. It’s boring.

Forgotten the previous song as soon as the next one starts.

There were a couple of singles I really liked from the first, but yes I feel very much the same about this one, maybe I'll try again this afternoon but yep, I couldn't really tell you anything about any of the tracks on reflection

Enjoyed the Sam Fender album - do agree that it all starts to blur into one at parts. Don’t think a 16 track, 1 hour 4 min album is the wisest choice for his sound and style of music. Saying that there are some great songs in there. Not a bad follow up to a very strong debut in my eyes. 

2 minutes ago, st dan said:

Enjoyed the Sam Fender album - do agree that it all starts to blur into one at parts. Don’t think a 16 track, 1 hour 4 min album is the wisest choice for his sound and style of music. Saying that there are some great songs in there. Not a bad follow up to a very strong debut in my eyes. 

I think that’s the deluxe version, standard album only had 11 songs which is more manageable. I like the album, on first couple of listens it maybe doesn’t have as many highs as his debut but also doesn’t dip in quality towards the end like the debut did.

6 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I think that’s the deluxe version, standard album only had 11 songs which is more manageable. I like the album, on first couple of listens it maybe doesn’t have as many highs as his debut but also doesn’t dip in quality towards the end like the debut did.

Ahhh thanks for that - that would make sense! Didn’t realise it was the deluxe version as they were 5 different songs with no acoustic or reworked versions of the standard album tracks. Will revisit and listen to the standard version then, as the additional tracks really didn’t add much. 

Edited by st dan

1 minute ago, st dan said:

Ahhh that would make sense. Didn’t realise it was the deluxe version as they were 5 additional songs with no acoustic or reworked versions of the standard album tracks. Will revisit and listen to the standard version then, as the additional tracks really didn’t add much. 

Strangely Spotify doesn't seem to have the standard version

2 hours ago, st dan said:

James Blake again cementing himself as the real superstar of this generation. 

His range is incredible. Started off making some really forward-thinking dark dubstep and now he's in love he's making some lush ballads.