2021 New Music

dentalplan

I'm totally obsessed with perila and there's some new stuff from her up on Bandcamp today that's properly released on 15th October.

For fans of ambient, electronic and field music etc.

https://vaagner.bandcamp.com/album/737-211

Along those lines there's also the new Claire Rousay cassette which is haunting and beautiful. I'm sure all those of you who listen to NTS will know her from the shows she puts out on there.

https://clairerousay.bandcamp.com/album/17-roles-all-mapped-out

On 9/28/2021 at 4:53 PM, fred quimby said:

I think your answer is correct.

Sadly I have spent too much on vinyl and gigs recently so will miss em I think. shame as they are a a great Venue in Bristol

Bit the bullet and booked it. Now i just need to try and flog my Skints ticket on Twickets!

1 hour ago, vintagelaureate said:

New Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes

It might be fun to chant with it live but I’m not overly keen on it. They dont make much use of Cassyette either. At least it was better than Sticky.

That reminds the new album is out in a couple of weeks.

Edited by jump

1 hour ago, vintagelaureate said:

New Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes

Everything he does now is really, really unremarkable. He’s settled into this groove of making boring songs that sound extremely similar to the single that preceded it. It’s a shame, personally, as I was fully on board with everything he’d done with The Snakes up until all of the singles started getting released for this album.

They’re still a brilliant live act, though, and he’s a supreme frontman. 

Edited by Andre91

4 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Everything he does now is really, really unremarkable. He’s settled into this groove of making boring songs that sound extremely similar to the single that preceded it. It’s a shame, personally, as I was fully on board with everything he’d done with The Snakes up until all of the singles started getting released for this album.

They’re still a brilliant live act, though, and he’s a supreme frontman. 

I haven't been particularly taken with any of the new singles either - they're also so far removed from earlier Rattlesnakes. I've got the album on pre-order so I'll give it a chance. As you said though, their tour will still be great!

23 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Big Thief double album coming early next year 👍

Love to see it. Gonna fully cement themselves as one of the best bands of recent years if this is on the level of UFOF/Two Hands. Got no doubt it will be. 

Those two albums don't even feel like that long ago, and the solo efforts we've had since are great too. Especially songs. Incredible how prolific this lot are without there ever being a dip in quality.

15 minutes ago, Quark said:

Think bits of Hold Steady, Counting Crows, stuff like that. Listening to it now and thoroughly enjoying it.

Cool just noticed Grace Petrie has an album out as well and it has a chance of making the charts which would mean a lot to her. She's got Glastonbury in her heart so if everyone could at least stream it I'm sure it would help a lot. 

58 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Cool just noticed Grace Petrie has an album out as well and it has a chance of making the charts which would mean a lot to her. She's got Glastonbury in her heart so if everyone could at least stream it I'm sure it would help a lot. 

I'll check it out.  She keeps appearing on my Twitter feed but know very little about her, so this sounds as good a reason as any!

Ah, nice one. I saw Grace Petrie's first Glastonbury appearance, early afternoon at the Leftfield in 2010? 2009? anyway, was great and engaging and bought an album or two of the back of it, but realise I've not kept up with her or even listened once to any of her subsequent recordings. Might give this latest one a go this afternoon.

13 minutes ago, Quark said:

I'll check it out.  She keeps appearing on my Twitter feed but know very little about her, so this sounds as good a reason as any!

She's a very left wing folk singer. Her song Ivy about her niece being born is at least as much about Glastonbury as it is about her niece.