2021 New Music

dentalplan

2 hours ago, gigpusher said:

Lots of good stuff today. A good release day. Nothing that will beat Little Simz for album of the month but she had that in the bag before it was even released. 

I like the Little Simz album but Hey What by Low is album of the month. They automatically win that prize whenever they release an album just because they are Low. You can argue if you want but there's no point!

Space 1.8 by Nala Sinephro gives it a run for it's money though.

5 minutes ago, mcshed said:

Solemn Brigham's debut solo album was also out today.

It's alright, although I spent the whole time thinking I'd prefer more Marlowe. Luckily Solemn and L'Orange feel similarly so despite recent releases from both of them they are across in the UK from next week as Marlowe.

Yea solemans solo didn't quite grab me and certainly prefer Marlowe. Maybe  a few more listens.

Had not realised they were over. Gutted the Bristol show is sold out

Edited by fred quimby

On 9/24/2021 at 5:43 PM, benali said:

I like the Little Simz album but Hey What by Low is album of the month. They automatically win that prize whenever they release an album just because they are Low. You can argue if you want but there's no point!

Space 1.8 by Nala Sinephro gives it a run for it's money though.

Low always put weird sounds on their albums that make my dogs bark so I can't actually listen to them so they automatically exclude themselves from any prizes that I can offer. 😄 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, northernringo said:

Love The Lathums album!

Good innit?

I have a gig quandry with them, got a ticket to see The Skints but Lathums have announced for the same night in another venue.

I love The Skints but I have seen them a few times (including BDs a month ago) and I've never seen The Lathums, and their gigs do look proper good fun. Think I might be sticking it on Twickets and going for some guitars instead!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, northernringo said:

Love The Lathums album!

2 hours ago, Quark said:

Good innit?

I have a gig quandry with them, got a ticket to see The Skints but Lathums have announced for the same night in another venue.

I love The Skints but I have seen them a few times (including BDs a month ago) and I've never seen The Lathums, and their gigs do look proper good fun. Think I might be sticking it on Twickets and going for some guitars instead!

Important question. Is it pronounced Lathums as in maths or Lathums as in lay down or even Lathums as in The Las?

7 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Important question. Is it pronounced Lathums as in maths or Lathums as in lay down or even Lathums as in The Las?

I had assumed the latter, but on a live clip I heard them introduce themselves as the former.  Seems wrong, but it's their name!

2 hours ago, Quark said:

Good innit?

I think your answer is correct.

Sadly I have spent too much on vinyl and gigs recently so will miss em I think. shame as they are a a great Venue in Bristol

Edited by fred quimby

1 minute ago, priest17 said:

I feel like I can't move for Goa Express in Manchester at the moment. Good on em for rising from being support to everyone but have a day off lads, seen them twice and missed them four times since August.

Hopefully they'll leave you in peace and do a bit down here in the new year 😉