2021 New Music

dentalplan

20 minutes ago, priest17 said:

New album by The Muslims out today is everything you could want in a punk album (12 songs, 20 minutes, literally called Fuck These Fucking Fascists), worth a go if you like good music and lyrical justice ✊🏻✊🏼✊🏽✊🏾✊🏿

Love the title it's gone on my playlist for today for that alone. 

Sufjan/Angelo De Augustine album is, as expected, brilliant. Tbh their voices are so damn similar that this might as well just be a new Sufjan album, and I’m totally fine with that.

Andy Shauf released his new’un today and it’s sounding just lovely on first listen.

Big fan of the first album from One Step Closer. One for fans of the likes of Touche Amore and other similar post-hardcore acts. Can see this getting a lot of plays from me at the gym. 

42 minutes ago, Quark said:

Really like that album from The Lathums. You can tell they've been working with James Skelly in the studio, got a very Coral-esque vibe to it at times.  Good start to the day!

One for you @Gnomicide

I've liked what I've heard by them so far but they've not grabbed my full attention yet. I'll give the album a go and hopefully that'll change. I'll be watching them (clashes permitting) a week on Sunday so hope it's a good un.

Ada Lea’s second album is out today. Really good singer songwriter (indie folk) in my opinion. I was obsessed with her first album which was released in 2019. 

First song on the album (Damn) is 👌. It’s got a Big Thief vibe to it (particularly reminds me of a more stripped down version of Not). 

Edited by lessthanwill1
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, lessthanwill1 said:

Ada Lea’s second album is out today. Really good singer songwriter (indie folk) in my opinion. I was obsessed with her first album which was released in 2019. 

First song on the album (Damn) is 👌. It’s got a Big Thief vibe to it (particularly reminds me of a more stripped down version of Not). 

Sounds really good this so far, thank you for the recommendation!

15 hours ago, Quark said:

Right, what's on the collective radar tomorrow then? 

The Lathums

Don Letts / Late Night Tales

Public Service Broadcasting 

Etherwood 

Anything else?

Really liking the Lathums album

Given the Don Letts a go as well. I own a fair amount of the tracks so no surprise I have very much enjoyed

PSB latter today 

At the mo are the ambient vibes of the new Manu Delago  album which is soothing my sore head