2021 New Music

dentalplan

1 hour ago, JaggySnake91 said:

Getting some punk vibes from the latest Biffy Clyro song 

That’s 2/2 from them now. Dare I dream that their new album might actually be pretty good? Tbh I can’t remember if their last one was as I think I only ever listened once, but these new’uns certainly have a harder edge than I remember them having in a long time.

56 minutes ago, Hutchmaster said:

Dropped on Spotify;

I'm liking it a lot of first listen and can definitely see it growing on me more. Bloke on Radio 1 said new album out January.

Was hoping they’d stray from the formula a bit and give us something a bit new, but this is still great, even if it does sound like it could’ve been an I’m All Ears album track or outtake. 

52 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

New Parquet Courts:

Waited for the premier on their channel like a bloody chump. My heart is so full of love for this band, this song doesn't leap off the page but it's so tight and so fucking good. Sky high hopes for the new album, haven't really put down Walking... yet.

On 9/20/2021 at 9:32 PM, FloorFiller said:

That’s 2/2 from them now. Dare I dream that their new album might actually be pretty good? Tbh I can’t remember if their last one was as I think I only ever listened once, but these new’uns certainly have a harder edge than I remember them having in a long time

Yeh dare I get excited about a new biffy album, really digging the 2 latest and haven't liked much by them since 2010. Last album was okay, final track was my highlight 

So after a 14 year wait for new music from them, it was confirmed a couple of days ago that The Wrens won’t ever be releasing the new album they were supposedly working on and instead the two core members are doing their own projects separately. Huge bummer for me personally as I was pretty stoked for the album even though it seemed like it was never coming, BUT we now finally have something new from one of them, and it’s pretty awesome and sounds like it could’ve been from a new Wrens album, so hoping the rest of this project (and the other, if it ever materialises) is this good:

13 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

So after a 14 year wait for new music from them, it was confirmed a couple of days ago that The Wrens won’t ever be releasing the new album they were supposedly working on and instead the two core members are doing their own projects separately. Huge bummer for me personally as I was pretty stoked for the album even though it seemed like it was never coming, BUT we now finally have something new from one of them, and it’s pretty awesome and sounds like it could’ve been from a new Wrens album, so hoping the rest of this project (and the other, if it ever materialises) is this good:

Really liking this - can understand the frustration of working with a perfectionist and wanting to get something out. Especially  when they hadn't released anything for ages, I doubt Meadowlands gets them much money - it's not even been repressed (to my disappointment!).

43 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Wrens weren't a band I ever particularly paid attention to, but that sounds great to me. Glad you shared it

Just now, found home in 2009 said:

Wrens weren't a band I ever particularly paid attention to, but that sounds great to me. Glad you shared it

If you haven’t already, check out their album The Meadowlands. Huge cult favourite indie rock album and for a good reason because it’s ace. In another timeline they would’ve been a lot bigger and gotten a lot more attention, but alas it wasn’t to be.