2021 New Music

dentalplan

Picked this up on Bandcamp today, 40-track compilation of REM covers from a load of indie music label bands to celebrate 40 years of REM. Working through it at the moment, as with any covers compilation it's a mixed bag but definitely worth 6 quid to hear some different interpretations of their tracks. Endorsed by Michael and Bill as well.

https://godisinthetvzine.bandcamp.com/album/a-carnival-of-sorts-an-r-e-m-covers-compilation

1 minute ago, Quark said:

Picked this up on Bandcamp today, 40-track compilation of REM covers from a load of indie music label bands to celebrate 40 years of REM. Working through it at the moment, as with any covers compilation it's a mixed bag but definitely worth 6 quid to hear some different interpretations of their tracks. Endorsed by Michael and Bill as well.

https://godisinthetvzine.bandcamp.com/album/a-carnival-of-sorts-an-r-e-m-covers-compilation

Thank you, will raid the piggy bank

14 minutes ago, Quark said:

I heard about this and searched for it on Deezer but it wasn't there. Thanks for the info on where you can get it. 

22 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

Thank you, will raid the piggy bank

9 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

I heard about this and searched for it on Deezer but it wasn't there. Thanks for the info on where you can get it. 

Early highlights for me are Bugeye's version of Crush With Eyeliner, Ritual Cloak's take on Orange Crush and Desperate Journalist's Finest Worksong.

I, Doris' version of End Of The World, less so...

1 minute ago, Quark said:

Early highlights for me are Bugeye's version of Crush With Eyeliner, Ritual Cloak's take on Orange Crush and Desperate Journalist's Finest Worksong.

I, Doris' version of End Of The World, less so...

Cool. I love covers and I love REM so don't think I can go far wrong. 

Yeah I went in to the new Vaccines thinking it was gonna be a bit shit but was pleasantly surprised. Not too different from what they’ve always done - just with a bit of an 80s pop/spaghetti western twinge throughout. Doubt I’ll come back to it too much, but there are a couple of tunes there that will sound nice being belted out at a festival, and that’s about as much as I want/expect from them really.

Just now, FloorFiller said:

Yeah I went in to the new Vaccines thinking it was gonna be a bit shit but was pleasantly surprised. Not too different from what they’ve always done - just with a bit of an 80s pop/spaghetti western twinge throughout. Doubt I’ll come back to it too much, but there are a couple of tunes there that will sound nice being belted out at a festival, and that’s about as much as I want/expect from them really.

Same. They're a band I can happily watch at a festival when nothing else takes my fancy, and I'm not looking for much more than that.

Ah man, got so much to catch up with after my lost weekend for New Order. This is my current to-listen-to list, anything else I should add from the last week or so?

Little Simz
DJ Seinfeld
Amyl and The Sniffers
Manic Street Preachers
The Vaccines
Art School Girlfriend
Low

2 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Ah man, got so much to catch up with after my lost weekend for New Order. This is my current to-listen-to list, anything else I should add from the last week or so?

Little Simz
DJ Seinfeld
Amyl and The Sniffers
Manic Street Preachers
The Vaccines
Art School Girlfriend
Low

Sleigh Bells' new one was very good too

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Little Simz
DJ Seinfeld
Amyl and The Sniffers
Manic Street Preachers
The Vaccines
Art School Girlfriend
Low

Only other one I've got is the new Saint Etienne, not listened to it yet but reviews sitting between 70-80%