2021 New Music

dentalplan

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Spiel from Resident record store in Brighton:

Jon gets extra spiritual with this totally beat-free exercise in electro-classical serenity

Probably not going to be a dancey one 😄

That another genre for Spotify’s end of year round up 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Weren’t the “psychedelic therapists” part of that group of anti-vac weirdos?

Hopefully not. Psychedelic therapy is becoming a hot topic in mental health research at the moment. Lots of interest in using  MDMA, Ketamine and Psilocybin to treat conditions like PTSD and Depression, sometimes as an addition to standard therapy, sometimes as a standalone therapy in itself.

Part of some of the treatments involves having trained mental health professionals to sit with you, as well as an appropriate soundtrack for the experience (apparently chill wave) so it's not quite as bizarre as it sounds!

I know people will eat it up regardless and it’ll break all kinds of records and have huge hit singles and go viral on TikTok etc, but christ Drake is just so boring these days. I don’t even think he’s trying to make ‘good’ music anymore. So consistently tepid.

Edited by FloorFiller
Words

20 hours ago, zero000 said:

I’m also down for the meditative aspects of this but hoping it’s not too new agey. 

New one has Ram Das on it so I would have thought a little bit that way. Mind you I love some of Ram Das stuff, great if you are in the correct mood and of course tripping often helps, so will be well up for the Album

Edited by fred quimby

2 hours ago, mcshed said:

Featuring Nish Kumar, it seems like after Quelle Chris and James Acaster more Mello Music artists are reaching out to British comedians, what next Ed Gamble with Open Mike Eagle? Ivo Graham on Marlowe 3? Where does it end?

Ha, maybe a comedians lp featuring musicians.  Did think Marlowe 3 is out but only up to 2 after I looked

Edited by fred quimby

7 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

I know people will eat it up regardless and it’ll break all kinds of records and have huge hit singles and go viral on TikTok etc, but christ Drake is just so boring these days. I don’t even think he’s trying to make ‘good’ music anymore. So consistently tepid.

Listened to this this morning and agree with this. Quite disappointing really, virtually every song sounds the same too (and I am a massive Drake fan). 

Little Simz album is the greatness I was expecting. 

Also, another one that I've quite enjoyed today that is a couple of weeks old but don't think I have seen it mentioned anywhere is The Helicopter of the Holy Ghost - Afters. It has Mark Morriss (of Bluetones fame) on vocals and I am a sucker for his voice. The album is the remnants of songs written years earlier by Billy Reeves before an accident put him in a coma. He has no memory of originally writing them. 

On 8/26/2021 at 9:32 PM, Copperface said:

Graham Coxon has a new one Super State out tomorrow.

Really like this single so hoping rest of album is as good. 

Surprised there’s not been more chat about Superstate. Had it on repeat today, absolutely loving it - one of my favourites of the year. 

Just me? 😏

23 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Did you watch the music video? He is having the time of his life.