2021 New Music

dentalplan

The new Turnstile album slaps. Can see me playing the hell out of it just like I did the last.

In a similar vein but one that will probably fall under the radar for a lot of people, The Bronx released a new album today and it also absolutely slaps. Highly recommend for those in to their more radio friendly hardcore punk a-la Turnstile.

Damn this Halsey album is really good. The Trent/Atticus production is just fantastic and doesn’t sound at all out of place or at odds with the songwriting. I’d always considered Halsey a total c-grade pop act, and I’m sure this one won’t do her any real commercial favours (although there are some huge ear worms throughout) but it’s a bold move and easily the best thing I’ve heard from her. Not a single bad song for me personally. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Damn this Halsey album is really good. The Trent/Atticus production is just fantastic and doesn’t sound at all out of place or at odds with the songwriting. I’d always considered Halsey a total c-grade pop act, and I’m sure this one won’t do her any real commercial favours (although there are some huge ear worms throughout) but it’s a bold move and easily the best thing I’ve heard from her. Not a single bad song for me personally. 

I’ve had it on repeat all day, I’d enjoyed a few of her singles before but this is next level. Those moody synths and keys from Trent are so good. Love the Cure sounding bass line in Honey as well, what a bop.

On 8/27/2021 at 5:11 PM, FloorFiller said:

I listened to it based on this and have now bought the signed vinyl. It's a banger as they say 😄

On 8/27/2021 at 9:11 AM, FloorFiller said:

Its projected to go number 1 in the U.S. next week, but what do we know. This will be without a proper single or video and such beforehand.

And nobody would want a Halsey + NIN performance at Glasto cause its an A list rock star with a C grade pop star? Or……

15 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Its projected to go number 1 in the U.S. next week, but what do we know. This will be without a proper single or video and such beforehand.

And nobody would want a Halsey + NIN performance at Glasto cause its an A list rock star with a C grade pop star? Or……

I'd be all over a Halsey/Trent + Atticus set, would be amazing.

On 8/27/2021 at 11:04 AM, st dan said:

The new Men I Trust album is sounding excellent too. Paging @Quark for this, but I’m sure you’re already onto it as it’s definitely in your wheelhouse!

Didn't know these at all.  Taken me a couple of listens to get my head around it, but yep I like this a lot.  Quite a woozy, dreamy feel to it.  Like Yumi Zouma got together with Cigarettes After Sex and decided to knock out an album.

16 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

New album "Music for Psychedelic Therapy" out 12th November digitally and 11th February on vinyl.

Nice. I get the impression that this will be a much more mellow ambient record compared to the previous couple or so. Music for psychedelic therapy doesn't scream glitchy beats to me.

10 minutes ago, zero000 said:

Nice. I get the impression that this will be a much more mellow ambient record compared to the previous couple or so. Music for psychedelic therapy doesn't scream glitchy beats to me.

Spiel from Resident record store in Brighton:

Jon gets extra spiritual with this totally beat-free exercise in electro-classical serenity

Probably not going to be a dancey one 😄