2021 New Music

dentalplan

On 8/25/2021 at 11:29 AM, Quark said:

New stuff from She Drew The Gun

Cheers had missed that and I am really liking it. She Drew The Gun and Self Esteem doing wonderful important work at the moment but wonderful important work that I can dance to which is very good!

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Cheers had missed that and I am really liking it. She Drew The Gun and Self Esteem doing wonderful important work at the moment but wonderful important work that I can dance to which is very good!

Somehow I had the thought that you'd like this one GP 🙂

Going against the grain here but was disappointed with CHVRCHES. Definitely an improvement on the last album but that's not saying much. 

Strongest points are the lyrics, some of Lauren's best work but the beats, man. Where's the beats? 

Violent Delights was the only time I felt they broke out of that monotony. Aside from that it all sounds a bit samey and, unforgivebly for a CHVRCHES album, a bit dull. 

Edited by SwedgeAntilles
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Going against the grain here but was disappointed with CHVRCHES. Definitely an improvement on the last album but that's not saying much. 

Strongest points are the lyrics, some of Lauren's best work but the beats, man. Where's the beats? 

Violent Delights was the only time I felt they broke out of that monotony. Aside from that it all sounds a bit samey and, unforgivebly for a CHVRCHES album, a bit dull. 

I think they're definitely a band that came out of the traps hard with the first 2 albums. 

10 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

100%. Happy enough that my view seems to be a minority one and this gets them back in business 

I think it depends on whether you listen to the album on its own merits or when measured against TBOWYB and EOE.  On one hand it's a pretty damn good album, on the other it's OK but a little below par in comparison.

TL;DR - stop being a miserable bugger

Edited by Quark

Just now, Quark said:

I think it depends on whether you listen to the album on its own merits or when measured against TBOWYB and EOE.  On one hand it's a pretty damn good album, on the other it's OK but a little below par in comparison.

TL:DR - stop being a miserable bugger

😂

In the interests of balance I'm currently half way through the Big Read Machine record and I'm fucking loving it.