2021 New Music

dentalplan

Deafheaven album is pretty good, although the three singles initially seem like the standout tracks with the most dynamic shifts, but also, the final three minutes of the album - this is the Deafheaven I fell in love with, goddamn. Hopefully a sign that they haven’t totally abandoned their earlier sound and that they can maybe incorporate the two sounds together a bit more in future projects. A bit more range in the vocals would really do this album good imo and the final song/finale is a great example.

9 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Can’t wait for the haters to say this isnt good cause its needs to be “metal”. 

Absolutely love this!  Have never even heard of these guys before, but was intrigued by your post and gave it a listen - Wow! Love it when someone posts something in here that you would have never come across yourself and it just hits the target.

1 hour ago, circus92 said:

Absolutely love this!  Have never even heard of these guys before, but was intrigued by your post and gave it a listen - Wow! Love it when someone posts something in here that you would have never come across yourself and it just hits the target.

Awesome, glad you like it. Hopefully they announce dates across the pond sometime next year and you could get the full experience.

A 90s RnB classic, Aaliyahs One in a Million is out on streaming now. It does seem to have happened against the estates wishes, so a bit conflicted listening to it, kinda like the Prince situation I guess.

Also, De Le Souls albums will finally be on streaming soon too! Although this is something the band are happy about, so happy days.

Another one here who is fully in on the new Deafheaven record. When that end section of Mombasa hits, wow. It builds and builds and builds to that and when it goes it is flooring. 

The last album (Ordinary Corrupt Human Love) is by far my favourite record of theirs and has one of my favourite songs by anyone ever on (Canary Yellow). Sunbather is my second favourite but I think that Infinte Granite will surpass it before the year is out. 

They’ve changed things up on this new album but still sound quintessentially like Deafheaven. That is a massive skill. They could go anywhere from here and absolutely nail whatever direction they decide to go in. What a band. 

• Upvote 1

On 8/20/2021 at 5:37 PM, EssexIndie said:

New Joy Formidable album going down well today. Just listening to Vistas now, nothing too different from their debut but fairly good also.

I need to listen to that JF album tomorrow. I haven’t paid attention to them for years but I’ve heard some excellent things about it.