2021 New Music

dentalplan

33 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

So maybe we’ll get Elton or Dua guesting for the other

Love the Lipa, but have zero regard for the Elton.

Anyone round here for any duration knows that already though.

37 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

This by contrast is a bit AWESOME!

12 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Dua Lipa to sub Elton and join him during his set?

Lipa does not need that and Elton was a spent force by 1973.

Elton John is the single most overrated musical artist ever.

He is actually hopeless.

Can't sing, doesn't write, is a mediocre piano player, only, at best.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Really enjoyed Pressure Machine - think the title track was my favourite on first listen. Really not a fan of the spoken word at the start of every song though, although I know it’s a key component of the ‘vibe’ of the album. But I still don’t like it. 

Edited by st dan

2 minutes ago, st dan said:

Really enjoyed Pressure Machine - think the title track was my favourite on first first. Really not a fan of the spoken word at the start of every song though, although I know it’s a key component of the ‘vibe’ of the album. But I still don’t like it. 

On Spotify there's an abridged version which is solely the music which you could try, I listened to that instead as I don't really like spoken word either 

Absolutely love it as a whole, not as much as ITM but still a really solid album and you can tell Brandon had a bigger influence on it this time round 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

On Spotify there's an abridged version which is solely the music which you could try, I listened to that instead as I don't really like spoken word either

Great - thanks for this. I can see the abridged version on Apple Music too. Will definitely be playing that for future listens. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Quark said:

New one from The Lathums as well.  Not exactly groundbreaking stuff, but I like their whole vibe and I think singer has a great voice.

Aye, like that. Very Coral like.

5 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Still waiting for the drop*.

*no idea.

1 minute ago, Quark said:

I don't know if it's been a continuing relationship but they were working with James Skelly in the studio last year, so that would make sense.

Well I never knew that. Yeah, makes sense. I'll be seeing them at Libpool Sound City in October, looking forward to that.

Another +1 for Pressure Machine.  Very Springsteeny, which is no bad thing.  I haven't historically paid them a huge amount of attention so was pleasantly surprised, feels like Flowers is really stepping into that style of painting pictures of small town America.