2021 New Music

dentalplan

52 minutes ago, Quark said:

Not surprised that they've had no real mentions on here, but I'm really enjoying Inhaler's debut album. Somewhere between U2 and Killers, decent solid stuff.

Not heard them yet. TBH I have my first gig back tonight The Lovely Eggs so I have been mostly listening to them because the album was released a bloody long time ago now. 

1 minute ago, gigpusher said:

I was just going to say isn't Daughter's frontman a woman but it seems there are 2 bands called Daughter. Every day's a school day. 

There’s Daughter, singular, and Daughters, plural. I forget which ones which every time one of them releases new music. 

1 minute ago, gigpusher said:

I was just going to say isn't Daughter's frontman a woman but it seems there are 2 bands called Daughter. Every day's a school day. 

Daughter = the female fronted indie band

Daughters = the male fronted scary band

Their 2018 album is the best album released in years imo. Definitely not gonna be to everyone’s taste, though. Proper stinky stuff.

6 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Their 2018 album is the best album released in years imo. Definitely not gonna be to everyone’s taste, though. Proper stinky stuff.

That's got to be confusing for both of them 😄 

56 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Didn't have you down as a Daughters fan Somto mate

9 hours ago, Mouseboy11 said:

New Dave album is fantastic as expected...hoping someone here will know as it's driving me insane, where is that sample/melody for Twenty to One from?

Was told earlier on that if you start listening to the album at 12 the Twenty to One song starts at twenty to one and I love that kind of shit!  Unfortunately though my anal-retentive brain is a dickhead and did the maths and it's actually nearly 2 minutes out which annoyed me more than it should... I have no idea why. Fucking amazing album though nevertheless... album of the year so far for me.

Yet another laughably stupid quote to add to Azealia Banks' impressive collection: "Grimes def has some psychosexual obsession with me,” Banks wrote. “I think it’s bitterness cuz she doesn’t have the musical capacity I have."

Banks has only got one (very) good song. Summed up by the fact that the article concludes by saying she's still working on her second album.

Edited by Homer

1 hour ago, Homer said:

Yet another laughably stupid quote to add to Azealia Banks' impressive collection: "Grimes def has some psychosexual obsession with me,” Banks wrote. “I think it’s bitterness cuz she doesn’t have the musical capacity I have."

Banks has only got one (very) good song. Summed up by the fact that the article concludes by saying she's still working on her second album.

Grimes is a crank with a fantastic musical output, Azealia is just a crank.

13 hours ago, Homer said:

Banks is a truly awful person but I think she has many great songs!

e.g. 

5 hours ago, Baggins7 said:

2 new tunes from Dry Cleaning out today, Bug Eggs and Tony Speaks. One of my favourite new band discoveries of this year

I was sent a track from them this year too, which was my first awareness of them. I liked them so much I listened to other tracks from them and really liked those too. Now I know they have new stuff out today. Getting so involved in music was an anathema to me previously.