2021 New Music

dentalplan

17 hours ago, Homer said:

If anyone can recommend any of this, I'd much appreciate it (Farmfest):

Farmfest.PNG.6a74111a040e465f1e443b3f9e2534f8.PNG

This looks great!  I’ve seen Snapped Ankles, Just Mustard and Peaness who are all excellent.  Snapped Ankles in particular are a fantastic band and Just Mustard are one of my favourite “newish” bands - sound like a cross between Slowdive and Pixies. 

Los Bitchos are good fun - at least on record. Kinda similar to Khruangbin. Also really like Katy J Pearson for catchy poppy singer songwriter stuff. 

Thanks for the reponses everyone, much appreciated but I ran out of upvotes. Am currently one for one as listened to Talk Show so far and really like. Will work my way through all of them and you've helped me to start to get excited for the fest now!

Am on to Just Mustard, sounding good two mins in...

4 hours ago, Homer said:

Thanks for the reponses everyone, much appreciated but I ran out of upvotes. Am currently one for one as listened to Talk Show so far and really like. Will work my way through all of them and you've helped me to start to get excited for the fest now!

Am on to Just Mustard, sounding good two mins in...

I've seen Ibibio Sound Machine, Gengahr and Liines live and they were all good. Gengahr were the least memorable for me but that means I don't remember anything awful either. Liines remind me of Joy Division and have seen them a few times. I really like them. Ibibio Sound Machine are a fantastic live act. 

3 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Feels like the Killers haven't long released their last album.

Someone has been busy during lockdown.

Yeah this new one is being released almost a year to the day since their last one but I think this is a lockdown work as you say, very exciting though as ITM was one of my albums of the year last year 

1 hour ago, kingcrawler said:

I was expecting a bit of an unabashed banger for the first single similar to Red Eye so this certainly surprised me. First track on the album and it feels like just that - an intro in to a storming second track. Critic I follow on Twitter has said he’s got the album already and it’s full of bangers so I’m guessing this isn’t a huge indicator of the direction it’s gonna go in. I dig it, but it’s a weird song to reintroduce the band with. 

16 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I was expecting a bit of an unabashed banger for the first single similar to Red Eye so this certainly surprised me. First track on the album and it feels like just that - an intro in to a storming second track. Critic I follow on Twitter has said he’s got the album already and it’s full of bangers so I’m guessing this isn’t a huge indicator of the direction it’s gonna go in. I dig it, but it’s a weird song to reintroduce the band with. 

Glad you said that there are bangers on it. This is good and all but it feels like a Knocked Down or Suffering where it’s just a breather in the middle of huge tracks so to have this be the first single is a head scratcher.

Listened to Live Drugs again this afternoon and it’s still mindblowingly good. I know live albums aren’t for everyone and I’m not a connoisseur of them, but I think I’m at least qualified to say that is the best one of all time.

Obviously when it comes to Kanye you have to take everything with a big pinch of salt, but apparently the album might be coming this Friday (and is a game changer and Ye’s back yada yada but I’m not gonna buy in to all that as these people are hardly gonna say ‘just got back from hearing the new Kanye and, let me tell you, it’s dogshit’)

51 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Obviously when it comes to Kanye you have to take everything with a big pinch of salt, but apparently the album might be coming this Friday (and is a game changer and Ye’s back yada yada but I’m not gonna buy in to all that as these people are hardly gonna say ‘just got back from hearing the new Kanye and, let me tell you, it’s dogshit’)

this sounds promising - anything that isn't GOD IS KING would be a plus IMO but usual Kanye-caveats apply  

Edited by harryy
struggle to embed tweet

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Judging by some of the venues theyre playing there must be a few bangers on the newie that will get radio play. A&R isn't dead seemingy. 

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

This is a new strategy labels have been trying, and it's primarily based around the streaming industry. You do a 'warm up'/reintroduction track to get your daily and weekly listeners up from where they were - as usually they'll have plateaued with no new music - and then after a couple of weeks of that start dropping other stuff that might be a bit more banging when there's more ears on it.

15 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Event on thursday

E65366DC-43D5-4AB6-9285-E6AED84DF048.jpeg