2021 New Music

dentalplan

On 7/9/2021 at 11:56 AM, priest17 said:

New Arthhur album is great if you're into your... Dancey art punk? Head Bobby pop rock? Well it's good anyway take my word for it. Shades of LCD Soundsystem and Parquet Courts in parts*.

*As ever, take my comparisons with a pinch of salt

This is really good. I totally get the LCD Soundsystem comparison. I think they feel like a combination of LCD Soundsystem and !!! with a bit of funk added. 

A new one from yours truly... been counting down the days to Glasto 2022! Can't wait!!! Hope everyone enjoys, I've been trying to step up everything from the production to the visuals for a while now. All the love from Canada, see you on the farm one day!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

There’s a vid of him playing Tyler a song out there and a white board in the background with a tracklist on it with a lot of track titles from the Yahndi/Donda days so fingers crossed he’s spent the last year or two actually perfecting those songs and it isn’t just another thrown together at the last minute joint, although I’ll certainly be going in to it expecting just that (if it ever actually comes out).

31 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

There’s a vid of him playing Tyler a song out there and a white board in the background with a tracklist on it with a lot of track titles from the Yahndi/Donda days so fingers crossed he’s spent the last year or two actually perfecting those songs and it isn’t just another thrown together at the last minute joint, although I’ll certainly be going in to it expecting just that (if it ever actually comes out).

Do you remember if Wash Us in the Blood was on there?

8 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Do you remember if Wash Us in the Blood was on there?

Nah:

Donda

Remote

Daylight

Jonah

Hurricane

No Child Left Behind

New Again

I Know God Breathed On This

24 / You’re Gonna Be Okay

Come To Life

A8203300-CB92-4AEF-ABB0-74AEF6C7B1BA.jpeg

edit: maybe ‘a lot’ was a stretch - think maybe three of those are track names we’ve heard before.

Edited by FloorFiller

3 minutes ago, Homer said:

If anyone can recommend any of this, I'd much appreciate it (Farmfest):

Farmfest.PNG.6a74111a040e465f1e443b3f9e2534f8.PNG

Great line up that. Hotel Lux are a good laugh, technically they're the last proper gig I went to in the before times. LIINES are great. Snapped Ankles a must see. Pleasure dome are great on record but haven't seen them, heard good things. Beak> are alright live, I saw them after SA though and was a little bored. I was supposed to see Just Mustard support someone but missed it, everyone I was stood near when I got there seemed impressed though. Coach Party's latest ep earlier this year was fun, dunno how it translates live. Peaness are decent in record, there's a few that like them here that might be able to tell you what they're like live (missed them when they supported the cribs a while ago).

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Homer said:

If anyone can recommend any of this, I'd much appreciate it (Farmfest):

Farmfest.PNG.6a74111a040e465f1e443b3f9e2534f8.PNG

Beak> put on a great show, Pip Blom are fun indie pop, Talk Show are in the Interpol dark indie space, Katy J Pearson writes pop bangers and Peaness are also joyful, jangly and melodic.

• Upvote 1

Los Bitchos are incredible. Cumbia psych rock outta London. Getting quite a few slots this summer so they're build Cuing their name up quite rapidly. I would bet heavily on them being at Glastonbury next year and absolutely bringing the house down

Edited by dentalplan