2021 New Music

dentalplan

23 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Well they’ve got my attention, at least!

Wonder if this is gonna be Halsey leaning in to a more industrial/ambient sound, or Trent and Atticus going more pop with their production. Should be interesting.

I figure its back to her debut album sound but darker if the clip is any indication. And this isnt that weird for Trent. He has never shied away from the word pop. And i dont know why nobody wouldnt think  some NIN had  pop elements to it this whole time. 

But now who is gonna have who as a guest for  a performance. If there was an LA show with the tour dates this year it would seem to be a given.

Catching up with Friday's releases; Lucy Dacus, wow. I absolutely love it. Given they're bandmates/frequent collaborators I realise the Phoebe Bridgers comparisons are a bit lazy but I do think this could be my 2021 Punisher.

SAULT really great too, although I have to admit I was slightly surprised/disappointed that it was a svelte 10 tracks/30 odd minutes when I was fully expection another 15-20 track, hour long effort. Just being greedy I suppose.

1 hour ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Catching up with Friday's releases; Lucy Dacus, wow. I absolutely love it. Given they're bandmates/frequent collaborators I realise the Phoebe Bridgers comparisons are a bit lazy but I do think this could be my 2021 Punisher.

SAULT really great too, although I have to admit I was slightly surprised/disappointed that it was a svelte 10 tracks/30 odd minutes when I was fully expection another 15-20 track, hour long effort. Just being greedy I suppose.

SAULT- alcohol is hilarious and will probably be my soundtrack to the summer once restrictions are fully lifted 

16 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Never heard of these guys before, but Lightning Bug's new 'A Color of the Sky' is really lovely stuff in a Mazzy Star/Low kinda way:

Thanks for this - never heard of these before, but playing this now and it’s sounding great. Perfect chilled out sound for working at home background music (in a positive way!). 

• Upvote 1

On 6/29/2021 at 9:26 AM, FloorFiller said:

St Vincent doing Sad But True. Some of it doesn’t quite work for me, but I like the wonky/funky version of the main riff, and it’s good to hear her shredding shit up again after it being largely absent on her latest album:

I think I like the concept of this more than the execution, but enjoyable none the less! Made me smile at least

New song by Andy Bell's new electro project GLOK, collaborating with Sinead O Brien who deserves to be celebrated in all she does. It's a good track, her voice works well with the soundscape and it gives her a slower, spacier vibe than her normal stuff has. 

• Upvote 1