2021 New Music

dentalplan

Right, bit of a spam thread I'm afraid but better than loads of individual posts. Bit behind but picked all these up over the last week.

Red Rum Club 

Goon Sax

Skinny Lister

Nation of Language

TORRES

Edited by Quark
  • Like 1

Beabadoobee with an EP's worth of her very pleasant, if lightweight, reconstructions of the sounds of the 90's (in collaboration with two of the 1975, apparently):

11 hours ago, priest17 said:

Car Seat Headrest has put out an EP of covers of songs that influenced the last release and they're all ace in my ears. Honestly, better than expected with at least 2 on there I almost rolled my eyes at before I heard 

I also rolled my eyes - you raised my expectations, and they were sadly dashed! Save for the Kate Bush cover, that's sufficiently different.

5 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Beabadoobee with an EP's worth of her very pleasant, if lightweight, reconstructions of the sounds of the 90's (in collaboration with two of the 1975, apparently):

Good heads up. Really liked Last Day On Earth, and I'm a sucker for that lighter 90s sound.

3 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

I also rolled my eyes - you raised my expectations, and they were sadly dashed! Save for the Kate Bush cover, that's sufficiently different.

Ah I wouldn't listen to me on here man, I'm useless. 

THAT SAID 

Here's a new song by GEESE that YouTube user Ben Piksocc has labelled "fucking ace", I'm inclined to agree. 

And a new one from POZI if you're into violiny post punk full of dread (no dreadful jokes please) 

14 minutes ago, oneeye said:

Loving these, never heard of them but loving the whole 80s electro style

I hadn't either, think they popped up on Lauren's breakfast show a couple of weeks ago as one of her "while you were sleeping" tracks.

5 hours ago, Quark said:

Right, bit of a spam thread I'm afraid but better than loads of individual posts. Bit behind but picked all these up over the last week.

Red Rum Club 

Thanks for this - wasn’t expecting new stuff from them so soon so would have passed me by. I keep revisiting The Hollow of Humdrum - such a happy, feel good album. Can’t wait to catch them live (hopefully soon!!). Would have gone down a treat on the farm this weekend. 

23 minutes ago, st dan said:

Thanks for this - wasn’t expecting new stuff from them so soon so would have passed me by. I keep revisiting The Hollow of Humdrum - such a happy, feel good album. Can’t wait to catch them live (hopefully soon!!). Would have gone down a treat on the farm this weekend. 

New album coming in Oct I think

3 hours ago, oneeye said:

Loving these, never heard of them but loving the whole 80s electro style

2 hours ago, Quark said:

I hadn't either, think they popped up on Lauren's breakfast show a couple of weeks ago as one of her "while you were sleeping" tracks.

Well worth checking out their debut album too, definitely one of my favourites from last year. 

6 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

Tomorrow there are albums from SPELLLING, Maple Glider and Lightning Bug coming out - all well worth your time.

There’s also a new one from Mother Mother that sounds like it’s in the Arcade Fire space.

Also Sault, Lucy Dacus, John Grant, Modest Mouse and Rose City Band. Tomorrow gonna be lit.

edit: oh and Tyler, the Creator, of course. Even lit-er!

Edited by FloorFiller

Can't believe everyone (nearly, nice edit^) isn't just going in about the new Tyler album tomorrow.

Also The Murlocs, Helvetia and Kojaque. The latter I'm really excited about but might get too real for a Friday. 

There's still a bunch of others I've got my eyes on as well but I'll just spam post about those through the week

35 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Also Sault, Lucy Dacus, John Grant, Modest Mouse and Rose City Band. Tomorrow gonna be lit.

edit: oh and Tyler, the Creator, of course. Even lit-er!

Looking forward to Dacus/Modest Mouse and Rose City Band especially, and also Phobophobes have a new one tomorrow as well called Modern Medecine. Loved Miniature World and this sounds canny as well:

• Like 1

Tyler’s album is great. Only had one listen and a lot of the tracks blend almost seamlessly together so need a few more listens to properly digest it, but he’s back to rapping and rapping good which I’m glad of. 

Lucy Dacus album is good although I the singles seem to be the standout tracks. Need to have a proper sit down with this one as I had it on in the gym so not exactly the right environment.

Sault album is my favourite of the morning (so far - got a lot to get through). Shorter and in some ways looser than their other albums, but so so good - they just keep knocking it out of the park.

Couple more albums I forgot about yesterday are the new Faye Webster and new Mountain Goats. Today is so goddamn stacked.

32 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Tyler’s album is great. Only had one listen and a lot of the tracks blend almost seamlessly together so need a few more listens to properly digest it, but he’s back to rapping and rapping good which I’m glad of. 

Lucy Dacus album is good although I the singles seem to be the standout tracks. Need to have a proper sit down with this one as I had it on in the gym so not exactly the right environment.

Sault album is my favourite of the morning (so far - got a lot to get through). Shorter and in some ways looser than their other albums, but so so good - they just keep knocking it out of the park.

Couple more albums I forgot about yesterday are the new Faye Webster and new Mountain Goats. Today is so goddamn stacked.

You must wake up very early!