2021 New Music

dentalplan

19 minutes ago, Gacheezbo said:

new gang of youths 🙂

This is great. Pretty much exactly what I was expecting and all the better for it. These guys do this whole heartland rock banger thing better than anybody else right now imo. Think this new album of theirs is gonna do big things for them.

Really like that new Gang of Youths song. Nothing new for them but they do that style really well. Go Farther In Lightness seemed to get quite a lot of critical acclaim without really boosting them too much here, as FloorFiller says I think this album will help make them a bit bigger. I'd love an All Points East day with them, The War on Drugs and Sam Fender.

8 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Really like that new Gang of Youths song. Nothing new for them but they do that style really well. Go Farther In Lightness seemed to get quite a lot of critical acclaim without really boosting them too much here, as FloorFiller says I think this album will help make them a bit bigger. I'd love an All Points East day with them, The War on Drugs and Sam Fender.

They’re (hopefully) playing APE this year on the Foals day so looking forward to that. Can imagine they put on quite a show.

37 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

They have gotten pretty big. They're like 4th name on the bill at All Points East and are fairly well known. Got to play Latitude and TRNSMT and stuff. Dunno how they circulated, Radio X maybe?

That song's great. I remember wanting to like Go Farther in Lightness more than I actually did but this one is a good jam and I'm looking forward to hearing the album.

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

They have gotten pretty big. They're like 4th name on the bill at All Points East and are fairly well known. Got to play Latitude and TRNSMT and stuff. Dunno how they circulated, Radio X maybe?

That song's great. I remember wanting to like Go Farther in Lightness more than I actually did but this one is a good jam and I'm looking forward to hearing the album.

Yeah that’s fair, I was thinking back to when I saw them in a very small, half-full venue in Glasgow but turns out that was only a couple of months after the album came out and not a year or so after like I’d thought. I do remember thinking they were pretty high up at All Points East so fair play to them, hopefully they end up at the farm next year if there’s space. 

I kind of agree with you on Go Farther In Lightness. It was one of my favourites of 2017 but I don’t go back to it too often, mainly because it’s pretty long and could do with a few songs trimmed from the middle. A shorter album of the same, or better, standard would be ideal.