2021 New Music

dentalplan

10 minutes ago, found home in 2009 said:

Not listened to it yet, but surprised nobody has mentioned the new King Gizzard and the Lizard album that's out today. Thought they were efestival favourites.

got a whole other thread for them boys, would take over this whole thread with their schedule ahah. For what its worth this new album is fucking ace and without wanting to get too ahead of myself is probably the best thing they've done in many years.

5 hours ago, fred quimby said:

If you need some dream pop type stuff in your weekend then the White Flowers album may fit the bill

Half way through listening to that and it's been excellent so far. Lucky really as the 'dinked' edition turned up today and have just had dispatch notification of the signed version from recordstore. Hadn't realised i'd bought two versions of it Oops!

This new one from Marina is sounding fantastic on first listen. I thought the double album from a couple of years ago was a real misstep on the whole, and it all just felt super generic, but she's back to sounding unique and like her old self here.

1 hour ago, Odessa said:

This new one from Marina is sounding fantastic on first listen. I thought the double album from a couple of years ago was a real misstep on the whole, and it all just felt super generic, but she's back to sounding unique and like her old self here.

Aye it’s good isn’t it! Not had the chance to listen properly through undistracted yet but really liking what I’m hearing so far. She’s got such an interesting voice & this album lets that shine. 

ETA: Tour announced for next spring. Quite tempted. 

Edited by jimmillen