2021 New Music

dentalplan

43 minutes ago, Haan said:

I kinda want him to wait until after Primavera cause I really want to see the Igor set. I'm sure his new album will be good too, but it'll be a shame to miss that weird suit and wig combo 

Eh I’m the opposite. I liked Igor but can’t say I was particularly excited about seeing most of it played live. Kind of hoping his new’un is a move back to rapping rather than a showcase for his production with minimal ‘rapping’ like Igor was.

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Eh I’m the opposite. I liked Igor but can’t say I was particularly excited about seeing most of it played live. Kind of hoping his new’un is a move back to rapping rather than a showcase for his production with minimal ‘rapping’ like Igor was.

That's fair, I mean Smuckers and Potato Salad are some of his best songs. That reminds me, when are we getting wang$ap!?!

15 hours ago, Baggins7 said:

If that was April 2019 I was also at that gig at Thekla! Was at a loose end and took a chance after hearing a couple of their songs and been a fan ever since. 

Yes that would be about right. We were in Brizzle for a gig the night before /after so decided to make a weekend of it. Love their funky tunes.

21 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

That's superb. I kinda miss the early days (1st 2 albums) when they were packing the riffs in, but they're a talented and clever bunch. Video's great too.

A couple of them (mainly James as far as I can work out) have been doing collaborations remotely over the lockdowns, some decent stuff to pick through.

7 hours ago, Quark said:

Japanese Breakfast album's a bit bloody good innit?

6 hours ago, scattered_screens said:

absolutely adore it

I'm quite frankly getting a bit fed up with the amount of money this thread is costing me. Please stop mentioning albums that I listen to and then have to buy! 😄

Tomorrow: Chloe Foy (ffo Cat Power, SVE, Buckley) and Islands (ffo Phoenix, Future Islands) are both great and there’s also an album by the brilliantly named US emo/post rock/chamber pop band The Goalie’s Anxiety at the Penalty Kick.

What else is coming out?

4 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

Tomorrow: Chloe Foy (ffo Cat Power, SVE, Buckley) and Islands (ffo Phoenix, Future Islands) are both great and there’s also an album by the brilliantly named US emo/post rock/chamber pop band The Goalie’s Anxiety at the Penalty Kick.

What else is coming out?

Off the top of my head; Sleater Kinney, Garbage and Social Haul's debut. Lotsa guitars. Been hammering Social Haul's singles, I'm excited for it.

5 hours ago, cdm22 said:

I'm quite frankly getting a bit fed up with the amount of money this thread is costing me. Please stop mentioning albums that I listen to and then have to buy! 😄

Noted. I'll start recommending shite instead.

1 hour ago, mike46 said:

Only just come across this girl, but really into these tracks:

I thought that would link to the playlist, but click the link and it should! 

Great recommendation.  Really liking all 3 tracks - great stuff.  

This is what I love about this place - I would never have stumbled across her otherwise. Thanks 😃

• Upvote 1

Not sure how it will go down with some - but I would really recommend having a listen to Bo Burnham’s ‘Inside’ album.
It’s a comedy album, but the music behind it is actually superb and a mixture of varied styles - it’s a great journey! And the lyrics are great and funny too. 

11 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Not sure if it’s for either of their upcoming albums or a standalone thing, but The Killers and Springsteen have got a song together on the way.

Killers are doing a tease/clues on their Twitter but apparently Bruce already blew the secret in an interview 😅

https://consequence.net/2021/06/bruce-springsteen-e-street-band-tour-2022-the-killers-collaboration/

1 hour ago, st dan said:

Not sure how it will go down with some - but I would really recommend having a listen to Bo Burnham’s ‘Inside’ album.
It’s a comedy album, but the music behind it is actually superb and a mixture of varied styles - it’s a great journey! And the lyrics are great and funny too. 

But watch Inside on Netflix first!!

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Quark said:

Japanese Breakfast album's a bit bloody good innit?

That's the one album from last Friday I've not got round to listening to in full yet (though like the couple of tracks I've listened too).

Last week was such a strong week for releases! Loving the Joy Oladokun album, like the James and Wolf Alice albums and Rostam album was fairly decent too.