2021 New Music

dentalplan

1 hour ago, Suprefan said:

Always great when bands make left turns.

Could kind of see them going in this direction after the last album introduced a lot of the cleaner elements to their sound. It’s a good song but I hope it’s not representative of the whole album and that we’re still gonna get some screamy stuff as I feel like a lot of bands are doing this kind of stuff and a whole album of it might fall a little flat.

Side A of Franc Moodys EP dropped today with studio versions, apparently side B out in 2 weeks and these are live versions of the same songs.

Only 4 songs and 3 had been drip fed since March but very good all the same, can’t fault anything these guys do. 

New Candy have a new album and it's excellent, worth a go if you're into your Italian psych (or iceage and the horrors I reckon). Cools off toward side B but it's excellent throughout, I hadn't heard if them before and am gonna go back through their other albums.

9 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Could kind of see them going in this direction after the last album introduced a lot of the cleaner elements to their sound. It’s a good song but I hope it’s not representative of the whole album and that we’re still gonna get some screamy stuff as I feel like a lot of bands are doing this kind of stuff and a whole album of it might fall a little flat.

Press release pretty much indicates the whole album will be this way.

22 hours ago, priest17 said:

This is also an absolute joy, which I know is a given when White Denim is on the box but this is a good sound on them

That's superb. I kinda miss the early days (1st 2 albums) when they were packing the riffs in, but they're a talented and clever bunch. Video's great too.

7 hours ago, Baggins7 said:

Side A of Franc Moodys EP dropped today with studio versions, apparently side B out in 2 weeks and these are live versions of the same songs.

Only 4 songs and 3 had been drip fed since March but very good all the same, can’t fault anything these guys do. 

Love a bit of Frank. Saw them in Thekla in 2019 (?18?) and loved the vibe

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

Love a bit of Frank. Saw them in Thekla in 2019 (?18?) and loved the vibe

If that was April 2019 I was also at that gig at Thekla! Was at a loose end and took a chance after hearing a couple of their songs and been a fan ever since. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

I kinda want him to wait until after Primavera cause I really want to see the Igor set. I'm sure his new album will be good too, but it'll be a shame to miss that weird suit and wig combo