2021 New Music

dentalplan

1 minute ago, Haan said:

I don't think anyone has posted this yet, a very good Saharan rock band. Some great psychedelic riffs, highly recommend 

Yeah this is incredible. Only reason I didn’t post it myself is because I thought somebody already had, but maybe it’s just because I saw it getting a lot of attention across the web.

2 hours ago, Radiochicken said:

This is sooooooo good

Stars really enticed me when that was released as a single and the rest of the EP follows at the same high quality! Think this will get plenty of plays from me and has me itching to see them live.

On a separate note, I think Black Midi may have secured my AOTY in May! I'm still awaiting for my vinyl + Taylor Swift cover flexi to show up which I'm sure will only cement my thoughts on that. 

Mobys album is good in most places

Listened to Easylife this morning and that is good, feels like I have heard half it before with all the other drops of tracks

Mikrodot new ep is a nice slice of Dubstep on a Friday lunch break. working out if I can afford the vinyl, shipping from the states is a killer. limited 100 run so. I have to stop.Man

6 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

Listened to Easylife this morning and that is good, feels like I have heard half it before with all the other drops of tracks

Mikrodot new ep is a nice slice of Dubstep on a Friday lunch break. working out if I can afford the vinyl, shipping from the states is a killer. limited 100 run so. I have to stop.Man

Do we need to set up an Efests Vinyl buyers anonymous? 😄 

Elder Island didn’t disappoint, this will be getting lots of plays this summer. Definite contender for AOTM. Looking forward to their tour this autumn in some small venues.

Thought Easy life was good too, think there were a couple of weak songs on first listen whereas some of their older singles and EP tunes would have fit a lot better for their debut album.

Another good final release day of the month seems to be a trend this year

1 hour ago, fred quimby said:

Was just popping in here to mention Moby's album.

Got some new headphones and it's sounding incredible!

1 hour ago, gigpusher said:

Do we need to set up an Efests Vinyl buyers anonymous? 😄 

Wouldn't be a bad idea. I am really bad now. I have been trying to get better and spend the money on Gigs but it is not easy not to do both

i love it though 🙂

Edited by fred quimby

1 hour ago, fred quimby said:

Wouldn't be a bad idea. I am really bad now. I have been trying to get better and spend the money on Gigs but it is not easy not to do both

i love it though 🙂

Yes I went into overdrive last year and spent all my gig money on vinyl as well. I averaged more than 1 piece of vinyl a week. Trying to cut back this year as obviously paying for gigs and vet and dog physio bills but I'm like a vinyl magpie if it has great artwork and is a nice colour vinyl I so want it!!

Don’t see many country recommendations on here, just seen Blackberry Smoke have a new one out today and it’s nothing groundbreaking but thought it was pretty decent and will definitely get some more spins when I’m in the country mood

On 5/28/2021 at 9:52 AM, st dan said:

Another quiet day of releases for me it seems, although the Bachelor album was very enjoyable on first listen:

Yeah, I'm enjoying this album a lot, although it's very very 90s

Blood Cultures released their new album LUNO on Friday and I just can’t get enough of it. Seems to have fallen largely under the radar which is a shame because to me it sounds like the kind of thing that should cause the band to blow up. I’m sure a few on here would dig it:

Listening to this today.  Picked up on Brodka after Priest recommended the Speedy Wundeground track she did the vocals for back in January, album came out on Friday.  Quite dark pop, electronica, bit of a smorgasbord.  Liking it a lot.

On 5/28/2021 at 1:17 PM, JoeyT said:

Was just popping in here to mention Moby's album.

Got some new headphones and it's sounding incredible!

Is this the new classical reprise one? Just read both his books (recommended) so vaguely on my radar.