2021 New Music

dentalplan

2 minutes ago, Quark said:

Funny enough I've just added this to my listening pile for the week.  Saw that she's been screwed over by chart sales calculations this week, and she joined Tim's Listening Party for the album last night.

Will give it a spin this afternoon I reckon

Everytime I have put it on so far this week I have been invited to a sodding work call but have liked her previous work and yes she has been denied her mid week chart position of 12 beside Elton John and Paul Weller and as she is the very definition of one woman band that's mightily impressive. I've bought the vinyl anyway because as we all know I have a vinyl problem and it is a beautiful piece of art and colour vinyl!!

21 hours ago, gigpusher said:

Everytime I have put it on so far this week I have been invited to a sodding work call but have liked her previous work and yes she has been denied her mid week chart position of 12 beside Elton John and Paul Weller and as she is the very definition of one woman band that's mightily impressive. I've bought the vinyl anyway because as we all know I have a vinyl problem and it is a beautiful piece of art and colour vinyl!!

Listened to it on the train this morning.

I tell you what, it's a bit bloody great!

1 minute ago, Quark said:

Listened to it on the train this morning.

I tell you what, it's a bit bloody great!

Yep I've had a listen yesterday and again this morning and I like a lot. I have created an albums of May playlist and me binge watching 11 series of Task Master has put me seriously behind on my music listening this month. I now have a 352 song play list to pay some serious attention to for the next week. 

13 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Yep I've had a listen yesterday and again this morning and I like a lot. I have created an albums of May playlist and me binge watching 11 series of Task Master has put me seriously behind on my music listening this month. I now have a 352 song play list to pay some serious attention to for the next week. 

I've started trimming mine down, aiming to get back to having 50 songs on there as stuff rotates in and out. Don't actually get to listen to most of it otherwise!

28 minutes ago, Quark said:

I've started trimming mine down, aiming to get back to having 50 songs on there as stuff rotates in and out. Don't actually get to listen to most of it otherwise!

There'll be some that get removed before I even get halfway through the album because I will know there just not my thing. I only really do the albums unless someone really bigs up an EP. By the end of next week it should be trimmed down to at least half. 

On 5/20/2021 at 12:02 PM, st dan said:

Seems slim pickings tomorrow - HAERTS new one might be worth a listen, big fan of this version of their latest single:

Completely unfamiliar with these guys, listening to the album this morning and proper digging it. Cheers.

• Upvote 1

On 5/26/2021 at 10:44 AM, gigpusher said:

Anyone fancy helping a truly independent artist get as high as possible in the charts 

This album from Penfriend - Exotic Monsters has incredible artwork. Due to an incredibly busy week at work I haven't really heard it yet but she used to make music under She Makes War and is a Twitter good egg so even though I can't yet speak for the quality I'm still happy to promote it. 

Enjoyed this on first spin thanks for sharing!

1 hour ago, Baggins7 said:

Enjoyed this on first spin thanks for sharing!

Glad you enjoyed I meant to post it earlier but I usually make sure I have at least listened to stuff before posting but this week has been a bit of a crazy one with calls at work as my boss is off on holiday but luckily it is good. The vinyl is so nice is well. The artwork is great and I got the yellow one and it's a nice solid yellow. 

6 hours ago, Quark said:

Completely unfamiliar with these guys, listening to the album this morning and proper digging it. Cheers.

Think I'll need to check this out. Really like the single, very funky. More laid back than the music I'd normally seek out, but totally brought a smile to my face listening to that there.

15 hours ago, Ryan1984 said:

The Bitch Hunt EP is out tomorrow and is really great. Any other recommendations?

Got that on my list as well. I don't know them at all but they popped up on my feed as I follow their label