2021 New Music

dentalplan

Both Squid and Iceage are hitting the spot and then some today. So good.

Van Weezer is alright. Feel like they should’ve leaned even more in to the whole metal aspect at times as often it just sounds like regular Weezer with a bit of a guitar lick thrown in, but it’s enjoyable nonetheless, which is pretty high praise I think.

26 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Both Squid and Iceage are hitting the spot and then some today. So good.

Iceage’s new one is bloody great isn’t it .. going to be getting a lot of plays this I think!
Not really connected with Squid just yet - think it was a bit too much, too early in the day for me to connect with, but will give it another go later. 

3 minutes ago, st dan said:

Iceage’s new one is bloody great isn’t it .. going to be getting a lot of plays this I think!
Not really connected with Squid just yet - think it was a bit too much, too early in the day for me to connect with, but will give it another go later. 

Exactly same as you. Iceage was instant, Squid was not. 

15 minutes ago, Quark said:

New Frank Turner.  Songs about the unlocking set to be the new sad lockdown songs. It's gonna date and it's a little clumsy in places, but fuck it it's a good sentiment.

Aye it'll be a good opener for that first post lockdown tour though. 

On 5/5/2021 at 3:15 PM, kingcrawler said:

Turns out the album's out even earlier, June 25th. 

Sounds like Kasabian. This is a bad thing.

On 5/6/2021 at 8:44 AM, Quark said:

New track from Aussie band Eliza & The Delusionals.  Not quite as good as their EP last year for me, but still pretty good. Got quite an early 00s Avril vibe without being irritating.

Also that Little Simz track has just been on 6Music. Bloody hell it really is rather good.

Sounds like Pale Waves. This is a good thing.

20 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Los Campesinos! teasing something called Whole Damn Body coming tomorrow:

Sounds like Los Campesnios! This is a great thing.

13 minutes ago, Quark said:

Squid are an odd one for me.  I really like the music, but the vocals grate on me after a bit.

Yeah agreed, this is exactly where I’m at with it too after two listens. 
I do enjoy their songs when they come on 6 Music or on my playlist shuffle, but on a full 55 minute album, the vocals just become too much. 

59 minutes ago, Quark said:

Squid are an odd one for me.  I really like the music, but the vocals grate on me after a bit.

Yes I pre-ordered the vinyl and I'm not sure I should have one first listen. I haven't got it yet because it's bundled in with a few other stuff that's not available yet. 

In my defence I've really not ordered much this year. 

On 5/6/2021 at 8:44 AM, Quark said:

New track from Aussie band Eliza & The Delusionals.  Not quite as good as their EP last year for me, but still pretty good. Got quite an early 00s Avril vibe without being irritating.

This is what you happens if you throw Avril, Wheatus and Pale Waves into the mixer.  I like it.

Fucked Up released the final part of their new album Year of the Horse today and it features Julien Baker heavily and it absolutely rips. This whole new album has been my favourite thing they’ve done in years, and they’ve always been pretty consistently great anyway. Just four 20-25 minute long genre-bending hardcore punk bangers:

https://fuckedup.bandcamp.com

• Upvote 3