2021 New Music

dentalplan

1 hour ago, Dukeicon said:

Found this today, it's a live show/mix, combining keys, beats and vocals/spoken words.
It's really good.

Electronic / Minimal / House
For fans of Burial / Jamie XX / Jai Paul / James Blake

Great find - cheers.  This is awesome - absolutely love it.  Brilliantly done - great concept / music / visuals.

22 minutes in - Marea (We've Lost Dancing)  -  "if I can live through this .... what comes next .... will be .... marvellous" 

Think I will be giving this another watch tonight 👍

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, circus92 said:

Great find - cheers.  This is awesome - absolutely love it.  Brilliantly done - great concept / music / visuals.

22 minutes in - Marea (We've Lost Dancing)  -  "if I can live through this .... what comes next .... will be .... marvellous" 

Think I will be giving this another watch tonight 👍

My pleasure! Was too good not to share!

20 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Enjoyed Royal Blood much more than I expected given how lukewarm I was towards their last album and Trouble's Coming. It's a decent ol' record. Definitely keeps them in Pyramid sub contention I'd imagine.

Really enjoyed it. Didn't even listen to the last album because I listened to the first album a couple of times and thought I got the whole measure of their abilities. But Trouble's Coming and Typhoons perked my ears up before this one, and those didn't even end up being the best tracks. All the Justice ripoff stuff is glorious. It's kinda what I wish Villains had been.

It's feasible they could still be on track to headline the Pyramid in future. Will have to see on Friday how the massive tour sells and how the album sells. I'd say if they did play Glastonbury then they should headline Other Stage as they've already done evening Pyramid to a huge crowd - getting back to subbing seems like much of a muchness and damaging to future headline opportunities.

8 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Really enjoyed it. Didn't even listen to the last album because I listened to the first album a couple of times and thought I got the whole measure of their abilities. But Trouble's Coming and Typhoons perked my ears up before this one, and those didn't even end up being the best tracks. All the Justice ripoff stuff is glorious. It's kinda what I wish Villains had been.

It's feasible they could still be on track to headline the Pyramid in future. Will have to see on Friday how the massive tour sells and how the album sells. I'd say if they did play Glastonbury then they should headline Other Stage as they've already done evening Pyramid to a huge crowd - getting back to subbing seems like much of a muchness and damaging to future headline opportunities.

Having seen them a few times in the past (obviously not with this new material though) I remain unconvinced that they’ve got the variety of tunes to hold a Pyramid headline crowd for 90-120 minutes.

An hour blasting through their best stuff works perfectly IMO. Anything longer and it starts to feel padded out.

On 4/30/2021 at 3:30 PM, Fish Bulb said:

Not aware of the original, but very much enjoying this remix.

Especially as the sun tries to shine and a long weekend is almost on us:

I really liked the Superorganism album. Seems a lifetime ago it was out and all they've done since is very occasional remixes. Your post inspired me to Google a bit and see if they are meant to be releasing anything new. Seems there are some allegations about one of the band members. He wrote a few songs that were considered sexist with a side group which got dropped from their label. And he has two restraining orders out against two women which people seem to think is part of him trying to cover up something sinister.

On a more fun note, looked at their website and they've deliberately done it in the style of shitty 90s websites
https://www.wearesuperorganism.com/

On 5/3/2021 at 2:13 PM, found home in 2009 said:

I really liked the Superorganism album. Seems a lifetime ago it was out and all they've done since is very occasional remixes. Your post inspired me to Google a bit and see if they are meant to be releasing anything new. Seems there are some allegations about one of the band members. He wrote a few songs that were considered sexist with a side group which got dropped from their label. And he has two restraining orders out against two women which people seem to think is part of him trying to cover up something sinister.

Cheers. been wondering when they were going to release something. Would love to catch them live

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Hot damn, this new Coral album is going to soundtrack many an afternoon in the garden this summer

It’s great, but the spoken word/interludes.....

Jeez!

Why are they there?

Annoying and detract from the album.

1 minute ago, nikkic said:

It’s great, but the spoken word/interludes.....

Jeez!

Why are they there?

Annoying and detract from the album.

Agreed - seems like spoken word is very much the flavour of the month, and whilst it does have its place in the right context, it’s certainly not in the middle of a Coral album!