2021 New Music

dentalplan

Pretty restraint for the brit school boys but still pretty bonkers. Not as good as John L for me but I've got high hopes for this album now, they might even nab the number #2 spot on the May album of the month list

EDIT: here's the song

Edited by priest17

Just catching up with the tracks people have shared the last couple of days. Really liking the Self Esteem and Sand Fight tracks. Quite like the Squid and Counting Crows tracks.

Bit underwhelmed by the Mattiel song and usually a fan of her work. Even the Jessie Ware track is more interesting (and I normally find her stuff quite bland)

On 4/23/2021 at 7:19 AM, CaledonianGonzo said:

Dinosaur Jr continue to make the case that some bands can reform and be better than ever.

On 4/23/2021 at 7:51 AM, FloorFiller said:

Aye I can’t think of (m)any bands who reformed and just picked up right where they left off with consistently great albums, especially considering their songs and albums mostly boil down to slightly heavier/slightly more melodic versions of the same sound and have done for their entire career.

Yet another band that I'd always heard of but never got round to listening to. No idea why.

This is bloody great.

6 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

New Noel sounds like a late Oasis b-side.

Hasn’t he raided the vaults for a load of old Oasis material for his next album?

On another note, here’s a Spotify playlist of songs I’ve enjoyed/featured on my site over the course of April:

1 hour ago, priest17 said:

Excited for the EADES EP tomorrow, can't find a tracklist and they've released their 3rd track from it yesterday so dunno how much new we'll get 

Thought I was the only one! Tracklist if you wanted to know is:

1. Smoking Hour

2. Present in the moment

3. Coltrane

4. Laptops Glow

5. 27 Years

6. Former Warnings Cluster

• Like 1

17 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

As an officially old man I’m enjoying what I've heard of Girl In Red and I'll be checking out the LP mañana.

Just came in here to post about the Girl in Red album.

Never heard of her before but lucked upon it on Spotify this morning. Very good.