2021 New Music

dentalplan

On 4/16/2021 at 4:12 PM, Brave Sir Robin said:

This is a wonderful slice of jaunty indie pop rock, never heard of them before (and not sure about the name):

They’ve got some really good stuff and a really downright terrible name. It’s like bands nowadays don’t want people to recommend them to friends.

10 minutes ago, Punksnotdead said:

Anything good out tomorrow?

Now that I don't work on Friday's, I can visit my local record shop on new music fridays! So much better than shopping on-line. 🙂

If guitar music is your thing then the debut album by The Pale White is out tomorrow - I've liked what I've heard from them so far so they are on my radar. 

Priest mentioned them a while back (because of course you did 😄 ) but just picked up on Bull as they're due to play in Brighton so they've popped up on Twitter.

Debut album came out tail end of last month, quite lo-fi indie guitar sound.  I like.

“Well Rested” on the new Kero Kero Bonito EP is awesome!!! Production behind Sarah’s vocals reminds me of Let’s Eat Grandma a bit on this song. There’s a cool acid techno influence introduced around 2.45 which then explodes around 3.50. Definitely one of their best songs to-date.

The EP also includes another previously released SOTY contender (“The Princess and the Clock”). 

Edited by lessthanwill1

27 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Dinosaur Jr continue to make the case that some bands can reform and be better than ever.

Aye I can’t think of (m)any bands who reformed and just picked up right where they left off with consistently great albums, especially considering their songs and albums mostly boil down to slightly heavier/slightly more melodic versions of the same sound and have done for their entire career.

23 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

That Chems track isn’t doing a huge amount for me sadly.

Yeah I was wondering if they might have churned out a new album with all of this new downtime they had lately but judging by that song it might just be a standalone, slightly throwaway thing they’ve cobbled together. It’s not terrible, but it doesn’t have the usual oomph of their previous singles. 

Edited by FloorFiller

20 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Little Simz headline Glastonbury 

Having heard that new track Little Simz is ready to take on the world. I loved Grey Area. Might bang, might not was my favourite track of last year and the new single is brilliant as always.