2021 New Music

dentalplan

4 hours ago, PDAD said:

Very much one of the most underrated bands going. Forget about them from one end of the year to the next but when I start listening, they're just so yeaaaahhh. 

This piano version of the sophtware slump is fantastic. 'Jed the humanoid' might be the most beautiful thing I've heard this year.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, PDAD said:

Very much one of the most underrated bands going. Forget about them from one end of the year to the next but when I start listening, they're just so yeaaaahhh. 

Agree. Bought a ticket to Latitude in 2017 as they were due to appear and then Kevin Garcia died at 41 about a month before and unsurprising they cancelled. Still never seen them. 

The Wild Pink Album has grown on me. Keep calling them PinkWind though

Received the new Degiheugi Vinyl through on Friday, a week before actual release, which made me happy. From a not too sure start it has grown on me with some real standout tracks

Heard the new Lambchop track so looking forward to hearing more from the new album

Downside- Rough Trade cancelled my Daft Punk Alive 07 Vinyl order as they are not getting so many now and I must have not been fast enough to be near the start of the queue. Already going for silly prices. 

Just now, FloorFiller said:

Damn, was hoping they might capture some of that first (and to a slightly lesser extent second) album magic but this ain’t really doing it for me and it seems they’re sticking with their poppier sound.

Pretty much my thoughts. I'll give it a few more listens but definitely doesn't feel like enough of a departure from that disappointing last album.

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Damn, was hoping they might capture some of that first (and to a slightly lesser extent second) album magic but this ain’t really doing it for me and it seems they’re sticking with their poppier sound.

Was hoping it would sound a bit more like the first album given they produced it by themselves (I think) at home. But they've gone heavy on the vocal effects and used a repetitive chorus again, which was one of my initial criticisms of the last album.

That said, I'm a few listens in now and quite enjoying it. Looking forward to the album.

Edited by Lubic87

Yeah that new CHVRCHES song is pretty dissappointing imo, its such a clunker. Lyrics are poor, chorus is very repetitive, autotune isnt used very well... Production on the whole seems off to me too, feels almost like its stuck in halftime the whole song?.... Shit...

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

Yeah that new CHVRCHES song is pretty dissappointing imo, its such a clunker. Lyrics are poor, chorus is very repetitive, autotune isnt used very well... Production on the whole seems off to me too, feels almost like its stuck in halftime the whole song?.... Shit...

Have to agree with all of this. It feels like they’re in a bit of creative decline. It all seems very generic and stale. Such a shame, as I loved the first two records. 

Edited by zero000

42 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

New Walice today, right?

Think they have the same slot CHVRCHES did yesterday. Keeping my fingers crossed for a more positive outcome this time.

Is this Wolf Alice or Wallice? The latter only released Hey, Michael a couple of weeks ago (decent tune as well)