2021 New Music

dentalplan

3 hours ago, Quark said:

Worse than the Offspring track.

I mean, it's like choosing between being kicked in your left bollock or your right bollock, but still...

I mean definitely more disappointing, given the potential of those involved, but I don't mind the musical backing despite it being a bit "rock by numbers".

Hard to disagree with your latter point though...

3 hours ago, Ryan1984 said:

Which new albums are on your lists tomorrow?

Echo Cory and The Armed ^^

I like a bit of death metal (I don't know the subgenres so call all metal death metal basically) on a Friday so gonna hit up the Spectral Wound one (although its out now as a live stream thing). I actually really liked the the imelda may/noel gallagher/ronnie wood collab so will hit her album up, although if all the album is that MOR I probably won't go back. LOVED this live thing from Low Island and their debut is out tomorrow so will hit that up at some point, that song points to a shift finisher. New Unschooling EP should be alright, fun guitar music innit.

1 hour ago, st dan said:

First listen of the day was the Coach Party EP. Really enjoyed that 20 mins - think a few on here will be a fan of it too. 

Getting The Cribs vibes from this. And I like it. 

Yep. I'm liking that start to a Friday morning!

Hear me out people, don't chuck anything at me (just yet). The Offspring album is...not bad.

I gave it a listen out of curiosity as I used to really like them (still think Americana is probably the best pop punk album of the 90s). The 2 songs they released are by far the worst tracks on the album - judging those by themselves you'd happily never listen to another note from them again, but the rest of the album is more 'Offspring by numbers' and is a lot more what you'd expect from them (which still might put people off 😉). Give it a go though, I was pleasantly surprised overall, especially after hearing those first 2 releases...