2021 New Music

dentalplan

28 minutes ago, zahidf said:

"For those I love" album is GREAT

Only discovered him/them a month or so back and have been pretty hyped for this album. It doesn’t disappoint - it’s very very good.

Today is absolutely stacked: For Those I Love, The Antlers, Tune-Yards, serpentwithfeet, Citizen, DFA1979, Xiu Xiu, Ben Howard, Floating Points, even a new Evanescence album that I’ll probably throw on when I have the time.

Edited by FloorFiller

7 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Only discovered him/them a month or so back and have been pretty hyped for this album. It doesn’t disappoint - it’s very very good.

Today is absolutely stacked: For Those I Love, The Antlers, Tune-Yards, serpentwithfeet, Citizen, DFA1979, Xiu Xiu, Ben Howard, Floating Points, even a new Evanescence album that I’ll probably throw on when I have the time.

Yep - it’s the best release day in a long time for me. Add to that list Pixey’s EP, she is just great. I think she’s going to be big. 
I think I’m liking the new Ben Howard sound, but just need to get my head fully around it to confirm. 

Buzzin for DFA1979 and Tune Yards (I'm not pissing about with the capital letters). From there I've got the debut from death metalers Celestial Sanctuary, Bull, Genghis Tron, Skegss, Tuns and Ocean Wisdom although most of those will stretch out into next week. 

Pity it's so late in the month for this, some stuff listed I'm not massively familiar with would have been interesting to see how much any of it made into the end of month lists (not that they won't still but the short time won't help them).

Thank you for the recommendations @nikkic @Quark

Loving the Xiu Xiu album today. A Bottle of Rum is my favourite song of the year but a lot of the songs are equally good. Helps that they have collobarated with some of my favourite artists (e.g. Sharon van Etten/Grouper/Owen Pallett).

Sounds very similar to Perfume Genius in places. 

My playlist for today is long and I have a lot of calls today so may take a while to get through them all. Tuneyards first up for me - sounds pretty good on first listen. I've put a lot of your suggestions on the list for today. 

Also thanks to everyone who recommended Middle Kids I've been enjoying that one over the last week.  

5 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

For Those I Love is very powerful. Stopped me working a few times this morning to listen. Think I'll need to listen to this when I bring the dog out for a walk so I can listen more. Reminds me a lot of Arab Strap's album actually. Thanks for the recommendation! 

2 hours ago, gigpusher said:

For Those I Love is very powerful. Stopped me working a few times this morning to listen. Think I'll need to listen to this when I bring the dog out for a walk so I can listen more. Reminds me a lot of Arab Strap's album actually. Thanks for the recommendation! 

Another +1 for the For Those I Love album. Pretty extraordinary stuff! Likely early AOTY contender along with Arab Strap for me on first listen. Wouldn't have come across it if it weren't for this forum - cheers guys!

3 minutes ago, mjh310 said:

Another +1 for the For Those I Love album. Pretty extraordinary stuff! Likely early AOTY contender along with Arab Strap for me on first listen. Wouldn't have come across it if it weren't for this forum - cheers guys!

Feeling the exact same. Wouldn't have heard of it if it wasn't for this forum, listened to it once and immediately hooked. Definitely going to get a lot more listens. So far For Those I Love and Black Country, New Road have had the 2 stand out albums of the year for me.