2021 New Music

dentalplan

Catching up on a few recent releases today

A A Williams - Songs from Isolation - new album of covers is I will imagine likely to divide people on here as some of them are a bit John Lewis Christmas advert but have to say I really liked it. 

The Anchoress - The Art of Losing - I am really liking this one as well. 

Nitin Sawhney -  The Immigrant - Only heard this one once in full but some really lovely moments

Valerie June - The Moon and Stars - Really strong album as well. 

46 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Catching up on a few recent releases today

A A Williams - Songs from Isolation - new album of covers is I will imagine likely to divide people on here as some of them are a bit John Lewis Christmas advert

Ha! That is exactly what I thought when I was going through new releases and went to listen to a song to get an idea on what it sounded like. I think I managed about 25 seconds 😄 

17 hours ago, cdm22 said:

Ha! That is exactly what I thought when I was going through new releases and went to listen to a song to get an idea on what it sounded like. I think I managed about 25 seconds 😄 

Yes I absolutely knew it wouldn't be for everyone but it's the kind of gentle listening that I'm needing at the moment. I'll be honest I've never heard of her before but saw a few mentions in record shop emails and decided to give it a listen. 

• Upvote 1

On 3/19/2021 at 8:58 AM, st dan said:

Really really enjoying Middle Kids album this morning. The Aussies really are smashing it at the minute. 

Thanks, I would've missed this. Great album, step up and slightly different direction from the EP.

Also thanks whoever mentioned the new Grouplove album. Didn't think the last one came out that long ago, or perhaps I didn't get round to that til recently either. Turns out the 2 albums were released exactly a year apart.

2 hours ago, lessthanwill1 said:

Anything good come out in the last few weeks? Haven’t been keeping up with things recently. 

Bit behind myself, got a load to catch up on.

Maximo Park and Nitin Sawhney are my current standouts from the last few weeks. Katy Kirby pretty good too.

On Middle Kids at the moment, first listen it's a bit up and down but it's definitely going to be worth a second listen

Singles wise, Fightmilk and swim school have new ones that might be up your street.

31 minutes ago, Quark said:

New Black Midi on Lammo.

Safe to say they still aren't for me.

Honestly haven’t listened to them since the release of their last album and thought I was over their whole vibe, but this is weird as fuck and I kind of dig it. Can definitely understand why others wouldn’t though.

Another new’un from them here also which I really like:

Consider my interest in this new album peaked substantially. 

56 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Honestly haven’t listened to them since the release of their last album and thought I was over their whole vibe, but this is weird as fuck and I kind of dig it. Can definitely understand why others wouldn’t though.

Fuckin’ ell. That opening riff is like a catchy version of nails on a chalkboard. 

I like it.

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Getting big Primus vibes from that first track

So on their Insta Black Midi said "If you preorder the LP from select retailers you will receive a bonus 7” Flexi (or CD single in the case of Tower Records), featuring a cover song chosen by you. There are 5 sets of polls and retailers, detailed on slide 5. Voting closes at the end of the 25th March." which is very sick imo.

I wanna hear the Black Midi cover of Man Don't Care!!!

image.thumb.png.3a1dc5e2d93056eb4f6ee093b343ce8f.png

Another new Iceage song.

These days I try to give anything over two pre-release songs a miss, but this is the album I’m most stoked for at the moment so I just couldn’t resist, and thankfully this song, like the other two, is ace. Bit more radio friendly than their other stuff, but I’m here for it.