2021 New Music

dentalplan

New album from Black Honey out today after delaying the release earlier in the year. Only a short one at under 31 minutes but cant complain after squirting 21 tunes onto their debut deluxe version, and meant I got to listen to it twice through on my run this morning! Haven't picked up on much new stuff this month so this probably straight in at number 1 so far for me for March.

18 hours ago, priest17 said:

This is ace, was unaware it was a cover listening on big Spot but I guess I'm not a huge fan o' Bruce (and enjoyed him in '09, go figure)

Good that. Apart from the slight wig out towards the end, it's pretty close to the original. It's off Nebraska which is like that throughout, if you liked this, the album is worth a go.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tommy101 said:

This is stunning. I didn't realise I needed it this morning. It might be on repeat a few times before going elsewhere.

Song On The Beach just appeared on my Deezer Friday Releases playlist. Not what I expected at all, will add the album to the pile. Cheers!

some great stuff out today by the looks of it, started with Show Me The Body's new 3 song EP which anyone who likes their bass to tickle their stomach via their kneecaps and their banjo overdriven to the max should give a go. Appropriately abrasive, might be the gig I'm most keen to see rescheduled. 

Got LDR, William Doyle (still can't get over the anna b savage album he produced, got really high hopes for this), Black Honey, Otzeki (didn't know them till this single but I love it) and debut EP by Blanketman (good fun indie, perfect for Friday) on the list today (and anything else the gets picked up on here)

Also chanced upon this twitter account that's pretty good at gathering new music with useful hashtags so you know what they'll sound like, they're pretty low on followers so please support them so they keep going ahah https://twitter.com/hashbrandnew

Been really getting on with this Otzeki album this afternoon. I'm not massively into this indietronica sorta stuff usually so might be a case of if you like that you should definitely be listening to this instead but yeah I like it and wot. Punchy enough for a Friday but chilled enough to get my work done in the early afternoon 

Iceland's new Eurovision entry (from the same guy who brought us last year's truly delightful Think About Things) is out. Doesn't quite reach the incredible high of last year's for me, but still an eminently adorable, yet funky, number that I think deserves to be heard far outside the usual "Eurovison bubble".