2021 New Music

dentalplan

1 hour ago, Kalopsia said:

Something new coming from QOTSA and Paul McCartney by the looks of it. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMPvohCHdJI/?igshid=ir2h356wzr2d

Interesting... QOTSA are no strangers to having guests pop up on their albums (Grohl, Reg, Alex Turner) looks like they’ve brought Macca in for the next one.

EDIT: Scratch that. Didn’t read the stuff about the McCartney III covers.

Edited by Hugh Jass

1 hour ago, kingcrawler said:

News of a new Metronomy song has been cancelled out by this making me feel really old. 

2011 is such a massive year for me with music. I think it's the first one where I was glued to new releases and getting into albums in a big way so stuff like this, Skying, Palace, Cults, Go Tell Fire to the Mountain, Hurry Up We're Dreaming turning ten is making me feel old as fuck, yeah.

Before this turns into a 2011 Music Thread, that song is... it's okay. The Nights Out anniversary disc had a bunch of extra songs that you could see why they didn't make the album a decade before so I wouldn't be surprised if this ends up the same.

Three years until Love Letters turns 10 hahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

7 hours ago, EssexIndie said:

I’m all for bands changing their sound, but the Horrors have taken it to extremes on their EP. I’m off to listen to Skying to remember the good times...

Thought it was ace myself. Obviously a good reason they kept it to a three song EP rather than album, and I doubt they’ll go too much further in this direction, but for a between album experiment I’m down with it. 

Really looking forward to the horrors EP, although waiting till I've had a coffe and my flatmates are up so I can tunnitup. 

Still loving the Arab Strap one to be honest, matches the current weather so well.

New courting song yesterday as well with an EP to follow in April, I like the cut of their jib. Just great guitar music innit 🤷

New Hideous Sun Demon song is great as well, like an angry Aussie Parquet Courts. Dropped off a bit recently with some middling songs but still listen to Industry Connections quite a lot so good to see em pump out something I like