2021 New Music

dentalplan

1 hour ago, Suprefan said:

Yeah, its funny bow KOL are trying to get the hype of first nft released when at least one artist beat em to the punch and can prove it.

I think they were set to be the first band to release one until a reactionary surprise release by this dude's band...

https://twitter.com/devonwelsh/status/1367249236971118592

...which seems kinda lame and gatekeeper-y. It's not like 'the first band to release album as NFT' would have been news if it was always some tiny act and not Kings of Leon. "Keep crypto weird" is a painfully dumb sequence of words.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

I think they were set to be the first band to release one until a reactionary surprise release by this dude's band...

https://twitter.com/devonwelsh/status/1367249236971118592

...which seems kinda lame and gatekeeper-y. It's not like 'the first band to release album as NFT' would have been news if it was always some tiny act and not Kings of Leon. "Keep crypto weird" is a painfully dumb sequence of words.

Yeah, the guy who started Majical Cloudz. The moral here is to never announce youre going to be the first of something, you just do it. Radiohead would never have been the first to do pay what you want and the surprise album drop if they had said it months before hand. 

Gave the new KOL a spin this morning. It’s alright. Probably better than anything they’ve done in a long time and there were a few songs that stood out, but also doubt I’ll go back to it again.

New Arab Strap album on the other hand is fantastic and better than I could’ve hoped.

5 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Gave the new KOL a spin this morning. It’s alright. Probably better than anything they’ve done in a long time and there were a few songs that stood out, but also doubt I’ll go back to it again.

New Arab Strap album on the other hand is fantastic and better than I could’ve hoped.

Still waiting delivery of my Arab Strap vinyl. Come on Mr Postman, I'm getting impatient!

21 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I think you've hit the nail on the head there regarding KOL. It's just a bit 'meh' really - as a complete album I think it works better than their last few but there's nothing really on it that would make me want to go back to it. Good background music but wasn't drawn in at anytime. I know they are a different band now but their first 3 albums were so good, I'd love them to ditch the stadium/dad rock and go back to a more raw sound. 

30 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Mike Skinner makes me think his first step is to think of a word, go to rhymezone.com, make a list of all the words and build a track around that. 

Interesting take.  Didn't realise he had to hit the thesaurus to write couplets like:

"That bird thinks she's really fit. 

But I think she's really shit "

• Upvote 1