2021 New Music

dentalplan

No problem with the production of the Julien Baker album here! I’m absolutely loving it. It’s basically the same as what she did on the last albums but just... more. More instruments, more belters. Hitting all the right spots for me today, so much so that I’ve just played it three times over instead of going though all of today’s other releases like I usually would.

Gave King Gizz a spin yesterday and that was great. Don’t think it’s as good as K.G. myself and I hope they move away from the microtonal sound come the next album, but great nonetheless.

Nick Cave album is also top stuff. 

What a great couple of days of new music, and I’ve still got tons of shit to get through. 

Since the last thing I posted here got some love, thought I'd share my newest single. It's a bit different from the last, but I think it's still a good one. No video yet because of lockdown where I am, but it'll be a great one. Looking forward to finally getting to Glasto in 2022!

• Like 1

Can't believe Mogwai got to number one with lyrics like these:

"                                                                                       

"

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Can't believe Mogwai got to number one with lyrics like these:

"              Oh baby, let the bad times roll                                           
         Machiavelli flow                                              
                            Hey Lincoln                                               
      How does your grave roll?                              "

19 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Nice tweet - good on him. Genuinely delighted for Mogwai, who'd have thought 4 ugly old bastards from Glasgow who play non-commercial music could make such a successful career out of it.

I remember seeing them at Gloucester guildhall around their 1st album. My mate said "we'll never see them in such a small venue again". I told him he was mad, they'd never be commercially successful. Since then I've seen them headline EOTR, headline the Park & now a number one album. How wrong I was!

17 hours ago, TownesMR said:

Since the last thing I posted here got some love, thought I'd share my newest single. It's a bit different from the last, but I think it's still a good one. No video yet because of lockdown where I am, but it'll be a great one. Looking forward to finally getting to Glasto in 2022!

Superb again. Really love how good the keys and guitars sound together in both tracks.

Chuck the video in here when it's up please!