2021 New Music

dentalplan

20 hours ago, priest17 said:

Hip-Hop with extra jazzzzzy samples (and a Seinfeld one for fun) released Friday just gone, all the way from Norway. Enjoyable listen.

love the seinfeld reference! need to give it a few more spins but i like the production 

Can't remember who recommended it (probably more than one person) but finally got around to listening to the Cassandra Jenkins album; really great. 

Also thumbs up for the TV Priest, Katy Kirby and Weather Station albums which I've also just gotten around to checking out.

The new Julien Baker album is very good and I think I'll enjoy it even more with more listens, but God the drums really drown out her vocals at times on the album which is a shame. Not got a problem with her adding drums, but it just feels at times the mixing isn't great and it takes away from her stunning vocals.

Regardless, it's a great album and while I don't think it has as strong an emotional impact as Sprained Ankle or Turn Out The Lights, she's still 3/3 in my books. Hardline, Faith Healer, Song in E & Repeat are the standouts for me.

5 hours ago, Johnkhutch said:

The new Julien Baker album is very good and I think I'll enjoy it even more with more listens, but God the drums really drown out her vocals at times on the album which is a shame. Not got a problem with her adding drums, but it just feels at times the mixing isn't great and it takes away from her stunning vocals.

Regardless, it's a great album and while I don't think it has as strong an emotional impact as Sprained Ankle or Turn Out The Lights, she's still 3/3 in my books. Hardline, Faith Healer, Song in E & Repeat are the standouts for me.

Enjoyed the seven or so songs I listened to on my morning run but would agree with you on the drums/mixing. Enjoying her dipping into new sounds. Hoping my vinyl will arrive soon so I can listen to all three in a row.

Enjoying the new Maxïmo Park album. What I like about them, is that they they like what they know, and know what they like. They haven’t tried to reinvent their sound like a lot of bands do after a long career - and I think it’s actually a nice change. Songs from this album could have been plucked from 2007, and that suits me just fine. 

4 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Also Anderson .Paak and Bruno Mars have announced a joint project called Silk Sonic with the first single coming soon, and as somebody who’s got a soft spot for Bruno I think/hope this could be pretty damn good.

agreed, 24k magic era Bruno Mars was a very cool aesthetic (that track with Cardi B was sooo good), this can work really well

Freddie Gibbs and Madlib have released a whole bunch of Pinata era remixes and loosies part of a 4 disc pinata deluxe album. A lot of the songs have been released before via EP's and record store day stuff, but this puts them all in one place. 

DRAM has returned, under a new name "Shelley", with a more laid back single: 

New Chloe X Halle, what a banger 

3 hours ago, Baggins7 said:

Giving the new Balthazar album a go based purely on the album artwork. That’s how I feel I look waiting patiently for live music and festivals to restart 

33CF34F1-53F3-4929-9D22-56BF8B460A23.jpeg

I used to do that. It is a great cover.

I did list to Bored at my Grandmas House last night purely because of the name. Started out promising but I gave up after 4 tracks