2021 New Music

dentalplan

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Albums out Friday so gonna skip listening to this myself but Julien Baker’s released another new’un:

Aye waiting until Friday as well, extremely surprised it hasn't leaked given some got the vinyl delivered last week.

Absolutely loving the new Wolf Alice track too, album out on June 11th.

2 minutes ago, Johnkhutch said:

Absolutely loving the new Wolf Alice track too, album out on June 11th.

Not what I was expecting from a first single but yeah this is pretty good.

Never been as big on Wolf Alice as some on here but there have been a few times that I’ve heard a song I like and asked who it is and it turns out to be them so I should probably give their albums more of a chance. 

I'm a huge Wolf Alice mark, they're just fantastic live and - while I wasn't bowled over by Visions of a Life - the fact it won the Mercury prize was enough to keep their momentum even if it didn't quite hit the heights I was hoping for. This new track is really promising. This is the album they need to make the big breakthrough, sounds like they're going a bit bigger and grander in their sound which is probably the right way to go. Fingers crossed for the album, would be delighted if they ended up being Other headliner next year.

3 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Not listening to a band called NewDad.

Can't wait to go back to festivals to watch NewDad, Soccer Mommy, Hockey Dad, Sports Team, Modern Baseball and American Football

Anyway, that new Wolf Alice track is lush. I agree with you all that this probably needs to be the big one that makes them cross over and I think it will be, that 90s indie rock sound is getting more popular again but they have their own fresh thing as well.