2021 New Music

dentalplan

1 hour ago, Baggins7 said:

Just noticed that Spector brought out their third album earlier this week. Its actually just consolidating their previous 3 EPs in one album with one new song but nice to have it all in one place. Warming up with a spin of that before getting into anything new today

Thanks for the heads up on that. Never heard of them but put it on this morning and I liked it a lot. 

Spector make me think of Uni which is a sentence that only old people say so they make me sad. I recommended Chevy Thunder when it came out to a mate and he played it literally non-stop and nearly killed it for me. Their best song is Never Fade Away which is still a huge anthem for drunkenly stumbling home. These are priest17 facts about Spector.

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Cassandra Jenkins’ new album is really great. I think I posted it a month or so back when it was released, but this song is easily my SOTY thus far and it’s gonna be tough to topple. So good:

Wild Pink’s new album is okay but not really hitting the same highs as his previous album for me. Seems to have slipped a little more in to pretty standard lightweight indie rock and the songs just don’t seem as exciting to me. It’s nice enough, but that’s about it.

This was a top start to the day, cheers for the heads up.

1 minute ago, priest17 said:

Spector make me think of Uni which is a sentence that only old people say so they make me sad. I recommended Chevy Thunder when it came out to a mate and he played it literally non-stop and nearly killed it for me. Their best song is Never Fade Away which is still a huge anthem for drunkenly stumbling home. These are priest17 facts about Spector.

I'd never heard of them until I saw them supporting Magic Gang a couple of years ago, saw them on their own tour a year later. Love 'em. Do like some of their new stuff, the EP that came out last year had some solid tunes.

6 minutes ago, Quark said:

Never heard of Spector?!  Albums are good but go check out the tracks All The Sad Young Men and Chevy Thunder

Yes boss!! 

2 minutes ago, priest17 said:

I now have some facts about them. 

Just now, Quark said:

I'd never heard of them until I saw them supporting Magic Gang a couple of years ago, saw them on their own tour a year later. Love 'em. Do like some of their new stuff, the EP that came out last year had some solid tunes.

I was supposed to see them at Leeds 2012 but they were on at 4 which proved too early for us, we eventually went in for The Courteeners at around 7.30pm (after which everyone went back to camp and me and a mate went and watched half of The Cure). Literally shaking my head typing this I was so adamant I was gonna go see them, wasn't even a big ask ahah. Thrown the first album on now and it is good fun and I still seem to know the words, I owe them more really.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Thanks for the heads up on that. Never heard of them but put it on this morning and I liked it a lot. 

No worries, glad you like it! As others have said, definitely recommend checking out their other albums they've released some really solid stuff.

5 minutes ago, priest17 said:

I was supposed to see them at Leeds 2012 but they were on at 4 which proved too early for us, we eventually went in for The Courteeners at around 7.30pm (after which everyone went back to camp and me and a mate went and watched half of The Cure). Literally shaking my head typing this I was so adamant I was gonna go see them, wasn't even a big ask ahah. Thrown the first album on now and it is good fun and I still seem to know the words, I owe them more really.

6 minutes ago, Quark said:

I very much enjoy Fred's humour live as well. Incredibly self-deprecating.

I love the first album, it was a CD that got wedged in my old car CD player so got played every journey but I didnt get bored of it and same as Priest I still seem to know every word! I only got around to seeing them live for the first time in Nov 2019, their tour dates never seemed to fall well for me but really good fun live and only £11. Some of their lyrics are brilliant and Fred's humour definitely carries through to his post song patter. 

5 minutes ago, Baggins7 said:

No worries, glad you like it! As others have said, definitely recommend checking out their other albums they've released some really solid stuff.

I love the first album, it was a CD that got wedged in my old car CD player so got played every journey but I didnt get bored of it and same as Priest I still seem to know every word! I only got around to seeing them live for the first time in Nov 2019, their tour dates never seemed to fall well for me but really good fun live and only £11. Some of their lyrics are brilliant and Fred's humour definitely carries through to his post song patter. 

Sounds like they are ones to catch live when live starts happening again. Will keep an eye out for dates. 

2 minutes ago, Gacheezbo said:

Came up on my release radar this morning, hadn't heard the song so thought Ashcroft had somehow written the best song of his career, alas it's a John Lennon cover but bugger me I really enjoyed this. Hope he isn't trying to be anti-covid but i'll ignore that and enjoy it for what it is if so

Thanks, enjoyed that a lot - his vocals are sounding stronger than ever. 

7 minutes ago, Gacheezbo said:

Came up on my release radar this morning, hadn't heard the song so thought Ashcroft had somehow written the best song of his career, alas it's a John Lennon cover but bugger me I really enjoyed this. Hope he isn't trying to be anti-covid but i'll ignore that and enjoy it for what it is if so

Surely we're all anti-covid? 

New Ghetts album is out (featuring Stormzy, Skepta, Dave, Pa Salieu and more). Singles have been v good...

Another God Fahim and Your Old Droog album has dropped

Denzel Curry has announced remixes of the Unlocked mixtape coming soon, featuring Arlo Parks, Benny the Butcher, Joey Badass and more. 

• Upvote 1