2021 New Music

dentalplan

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Never really listened to them before but really enjoying the Django Django album. Will be exploring their catalogue a bit more methinks.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Same.

I thought their new one was a big return to form after a couple of just alright albums, but they’re first album is head and shoulders above the rest imo so check that one out if you haven’t already. Remember listening to that for the first time and thinking they were gonna be the next big thing, but alas it wasn’t to be.

6 minutes ago, lessthanwill1 said:

Just been listening to Katy Kirby’s singles. Cool Dry Place and Traffic! are my favourites. Her debut comes out tomorrow.

Might be worth checking out if you’re into singer songwriter / indie rock stuff. Songs I’ve heard have a Hop Along feel to them. 

Yeah I only discovered her a couple of days ago by total accident but liking what I’m heating so will be checking that album out tomorrow for sure. 

10 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I thought their new one was a big return to form after a couple of just alright albums, but they’re first album is head and shoulders above the rest imo so check that one out if you haven’t already. Remember listening to that for the first time and thinking they were gonna be the next big thing, but alas it wasn’t to be.

I could never work out if it was that much better or that's just the one I saw them at the most times so I loved it much more personally but yeah its still a very exciting album to this day.

1 hour ago, Ryan1984 said:

Katy Kirby, Wild Pink and The Hold Steady albums are all out tomorrow. All good and lots to listen to.

Wild Pink is National-esque stuff.

Just listened to The Hold Steady - Open Door Policy & on first listen it's pretty great. I don't think they'll ever return to the glory days of the first 4 albums, but I reckon it's their best since Stay Positive.

1 hour ago, Ryan1984 said:

Katy Kirby, Wild Pink and The Hold Steady albums are all out tomorrow. All good and lots to listen to.

Wild Pink is National-esque stuff.

Good head sup on Hold Steady and Wild Pink, had missed those coming out. I'm new to both so not really going in with expectations against any previous work, which is nice

4 hours ago, Quark said:

Never really listened to them before but really enjoying the Django Django album. Will be exploring their catalogue a bit more methinks.

Their debut album used to be my favourite running soundtrack back when I used to run. Remember a wonderful Williams Green Thursday night set from them as well. 

This will probably get lost in the new music spam, but I just found this new record from an act called Luna Shadows that came out back in Jan - been enjoying it quite a bit. Very reminiscent of Purity Ring, Sylvan Esso etc. (even a bit LDR at times)

Edited by Mattymooz
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, dentalplan said:

New song from Car Seat Headrest rap side project 1 Trait Danger. There's an album out soon. I hope they don't waste any good CSH songs on this album like when they slotted a bad rap song in the last CSH album.

Limp Biscuit for millenials, there.

Cassandra Jenkins’ new album is really great. I think I posted it a month or so back when it was released, but this song is easily my SOTY thus far and it’s gonna be tough to topple. So good:

Wild Pink’s new album is okay but not really hitting the same highs as his previous album for me. Seems to have slipped a little more in to pretty standard lightweight indie rock and the songs just don’t seem as exciting to me. It’s nice enough, but that’s about it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, Baggins7 said:

Just noticed that Spector brought out their third album earlier this week. Its actually just consolidating their previous 3 EPs in one album with one new song but nice to have it all in one place. Warming up with a spin of that before getting into anything new today

Completely missed that, love a bit of Fred.