2021 New Music

dentalplan

7 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Sorted out my pre-sale ticket for Black Country New Roads socially distanced gig in June. First gig I’ll see in 2021?? 

Got mine too for Bath, feels great to finally have something to look forward to on the gig front

11 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Djangos is good, but they are a band who are so much better live than on record, and this album is just crying out to be heard loud in a sweaty tent. It's enough to make you weep.

My Glasto group have an informal habit at the big G, clashes permitting, of going along to see an act that one of the group is championing but the others aren’t overly familiar with.

A few years ago I dragged everyone off to catch Django Django at Williams Green. They nailed it and won a lot of respect that day.

On 2/5/2021 at 8:11 AM, lessthanwill1 said:

Thoughts on BCNR everyone?

Initial reaction on having one full listen is that I love it - which wasn’t exactly a shock. 

Instrumental is good as expected.

I prefer the album version of Athens, France to the original actually. Don’t think I can articulate why yet but I do! 

Definitely prefer the original sunglasses. I prefer Issac’s delivery in the original - this version seems muted in comparison. However, I don’t really get why people care so much about that - it’s not like the original version has disappeared!? Lyric changes in both songs aren’t a problem for me.

Science Fair could be my favourite now. Absolutely adore the ending. Track X is also great and a nice change of pace. Love the vocal harmonies that come in towards the middle. 

Opus is incredible as well. That main guitar riff is so enthralling! I wish it came back again near the end but that’s a minor complaint. I remember that being the highlight of their set when I saw them. 

Overall, it’s as good as I had hoped. The “shock” factor is obviously minimal given that I had heard every song before (some multiple times) but that’s a reflection of the album’s rollout rather than the songs themselves (which are all excellent). 

Can’t wait to see what this band does next. Will be amazed if it’s not my AOTY. 

Finally got my vinyl today (only a week late - thanks a lot rough trade!) - and it's as great as I expected. I know we're only 6 weeks in, but has to be AOTY contender!

1 minute ago, Punksnotdead said:

Finally got my vinyl today (only a week late - thanks a lot rough trade!) - and it's as great as I expected. I know we're only 6 weeks in, but has to be AOTY contender!

Did yours come with a stupid inverted cover art as well? I like the white vinyl bit didn't know I was signing up for that ahah, thanks Piccadilly records.

10 minutes ago, priest17 said:

That Mush album wins the day for me, had to keep throwing it back on coz I was singing everything else in his stupid style. Was probably a bit much giving them my AOTY vote last year but they are class.

I love that blunt instruments track. Is the rest of the album as good?

2 hours ago, Punksnotdead said:

The negative sleeve? Yeah, thought that was a bit weird too!

Record store exclusive apparently. I liked the lyric booklet as well, my favourite probably being:

Instrumental:

(Instrumental)

2 hours ago, Punksnotdead said:

I love that blunt instruments track. Is the rest of the album as good?

For me yeah, a few songs eclipsing it in my humble opinion. 

On 2/8/2021 at 6:46 PM, FloorFiller said:

Yeah I thought the clip in their previous tweet just sounded like something from ABMTTS. Ah well! Hopefully we’ll get new stuff sooner rather than later.

If you didn't catch the live album playthrough then it is well worth a watch - breathes new life into an already brilliant record. Multiple hints towards a new album during the session too, ending with this website (https://www.themillionmasksofgod.com/#) counting down to 18th Feb. Looks like new album coming soon with, I assume, first single out next week! 

13 hours ago, John the Moth said:

My Glasto group have an informal habit at the big G, clashes permitting, of going along to see an act that one of the group is championing but the others aren’t overly familiar with.

A few years ago I dragged everyone off to catch Django Django at Williams Green. They nailed it and won a lot of respect that day.

Nice, Williams Green at night would be perfect for them