2021 New Music

dentalplan

3 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Also ever since we didn't get NATION I refuse to believe in quick new album turn arounds but this is floating about for all you trumpet fans

No description available.

A second album of all new material would be such a baller move after today’s release being stuff they’ve been touring for a while.

Just had a look and he’s edited it to say ‘Album 2 is definitely not dropping next week by the way’. Hmm. I’ll proceed with optimistic caution.

36 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

A second album of all new material would be such a baller move after today’s release being stuff they’ve been touring for a while.

Just had a look and he’s edited it to say ‘Album 2 is definitely not dropping next week by the way’. Hmm. I’ll proceed with optimistic caution.

Yeah I'd love it but its as necessary as it is likely I'd say. I don't doubt they've got a lot of new material up their sleeve but I can't see us hearing it until the shows later this year (they can't go to the Ritz with the same set they played in YES Basement... Can they?)

1 hour ago, northernringo said:

Olivia Rodrigo played a piano version of Drivers Licence last night and it is incredible, she is a real talent.

Yeah I have no idea what I'm missing... This sounds relatively standard imo. Lyrics don't seem anything particularly special, production & melodies are so basic. The bridge seems so disjointed from the chorus and also seems to be way more high energy (and also such a blatant Lorde rip off?...). idk man, its the kids that are wrong

On 2/5/2021 at 6:56 PM, Brownie30 said:

Stacked day today. Really enjoyed Black Country, New Road, The Weather Station and Hayley Williams and the new Black Coffee album was a good accompaniment to a brisk lunch time walk away from the laptop. Possibly the best new release Friday for me of 2021 so far. 

Missed the Hayley Williams one - thanks! 👍

On 2/5/2021 at 1:23 PM, kingcrawler said:

I’m quite enjoying The Staves new album too. I’ve always found them a bit bland in the past but the bigger sound works well for them, was a very nice early morning listen. 

Wouldn't say bland but I get what you mean. Certainly pretty low-key normally, but this album feels like they stepped up a notch. Really enjoyed it.

Earlier Manchester Orchestra tweet wasn't for "new" music yet, but they are streaming a full live performance of A Black Mile to the Surface this Friday night on YouTube at 8pm EST. I remember this being an album which jumped out to a few on here when it was out in 2017 (my favourite of that year) - supposedly this is the beginning of a promo campaign for a new album out this year. 

Edited by Brownie30

4 minutes ago, Brownie30 said:

Earlier Manchester Orchestra tweet wasn't for "new" music yet, but they are streaming a full live performance of A Black Mile to the Surface this Friday night on YouTube at 8pm EST. I remember this being an album which jumped out to a few on here when it was out in 2017 (my favourite of that year) - supposedly this is the beginning of a promo campaign for a new album out this year. 

Yeah I thought the clip in their previous tweet just sounded like something from ABMTTS. Ah well! Hopefully we’ll get new stuff sooner rather than later.