2021 New Music

dentalplan

On 1/22/2021 at 12:22 PM, priest17 said:

Enjoyed Kiwi Jnr album, really like Dwyer's Witch Egg (surely he'll have a bit of a rest now ahah), really really liked Here Lies Man's new one, if you're into your afrobeat-meets-black-sabbath I highly recommend it.

Just listening to HLM, never heard of them before but first impressions are absolutely fantastic!  There's something else in the sound I can't place but definitely getting massive Sabbath vibes from it. The riffs are like their early sound, but there's more depth to it that keeps making me think of Heaven & Hell. Think this stands a strong chance of being my album of the month!

Edited by Quark

24 minutes ago, st dan said:

Can’t get this out of my head since it came on the radio the other day - think it could be the hint of War On Drugs vibes I’m getting from it. But yeah, I like it. 

Never thought I’d willingly listen to one of his songs but you got me with the ‘hint of War on Drugs’. Guys certainly been listening to a combination of them, Sam Fender, Killers and/or Springsteen. Is heartland rock the new style to come back around in the mainstream ‘rock’ world now? Seems to be popping up more and more.

Don’t think it’s a particularly great song and more of a pastiche of that kind of sound, but I like it better than what he was doing before. 

3 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Although I spotted it in the Album of the Month thread I'll keep the chat in here; @lessthanwill1 - this Radio Supernova album is a cracker 👍

Aye, +1 for that here. Had it on my list since I saw the description.

Plus it's nice to be able to blame not understanding the lyrics on the fact they're in Finnish instead of just having to accept it's down to my tin ears 😄

23 minutes ago, Quark said:

Aye, +1 for that here. Had it on my list since I saw the description.

Plus it's nice to be able to blame not understanding the lyrics on the fact they're in Finnish instead of just having to accept it's down to my tin ears 😄

Honestly messaged my mates almost the exact same when recommending the album to them earlier 😂.

On 1/29/2021 at 7:44 PM, nikkic said:

New today. 

Never head of them but it popped up on Spotify and it’s a big yes from me. 

Just checked this out and it’s brilliant, could creep into my top 3 for the month! Not dissimilar to JARV IS and also getting a Spector vibe at times, both right up my street. Thanks for sharing

16 hours ago, Baggins7 said:

Just checked this out and it’s brilliant, could creep into my top 3 for the month! Not dissimilar to JARV IS and also getting a Spector vibe at times, both right up my street. Thanks for sharing

Glad I'm not the only one thinking his voice sounds like Jarvis. I really like it, listened to it a few times now and it really grows

17 hours ago, Baggins7 said:

Had this as a "might listen to at some point" but the Spector comparison drew me in.  Definitely getting more of a Jarvis vibe from his voice, but there's something about the synths and flow of the lyrics that does bring Spector to mind.

Like this a lot.  I was nearly put off by the tracklisting as longer songs can often drag in an album, but he carried it off.

Thumbs up here.

So I started up my vinyl collection/addiction since locked down, which had been put on hold while the kids grew up and sucked all the money from me. I am back on the case now

Being released is an album by RJ Thompson. Really not my type of thing, bit 80's kind of feel to it an very MOR. However the vinyl comes with a Augmented Reality cover (Supposedly the first ever). Cover rains when it is raining goes into night when night etc, Hover over the tape icon and you can listen to the demos or the vid by hovering over the camera.

I had to buy it to add to the collection, thought is was cool

I do not recommend the music to anyone on here though (Doesn't mean you may not all like it)