2021 New Music

dentalplan

On 1/22/2021 at 10:08 AM, PolygonWindow said:

Morning all, I know individuals who use this forum may not be in the mood for new music today but my band ‘A Cause In Distress’ have a new single out today called ‘Modern Commerce’.

Link here, let me know your thoughts (if u have any) - http://smarturl.it/Modern-Commerce

Yup, like that again. Glad you flagged it, despite following you last year after the Lumbering track Deezer decided not to let me know this new one was out! More good stuff 🙂

And any day is a good day for new music. If anything we need it even more now.

Edited by Quark

On 1/22/2021 at 8:20 PM, TownesMR said:

I know this isn't the coolest thing to do, but I've been active on this forum a bit since securing Glasto tickets in 2019... I put out a music video yesterday and I'm trying my best during this covid shit to keep things going. I hope someone on here finds some enjoyment in this! All the best from Canada.

Nothing wrong with a bit of self-promotion! Like this, chorus reminds me a bit of Two Door Cinema Club (that's a good thing btw 😄 ).

Edited by Quark

Is anyone keeping up with Bonnie "Prince" Billy and Bill Callahan's series of weird collaborative covers? They are all worth a listen but few of them hold enough interest to keep going back to. On paper Oldham and Callahan doing Billie Eilish should be remarkable but I haven't relistened to that since it came out. The latest offering however, a reworking of the old Palace track Arise, Therefore is fucking excellent, it's dark, it's groovy. I love it.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Quark said:

Final single from The Staves ahead of new album coming out

Already got the vinyl on pre-order. Looking forward to this one. You can never have too much Staves in your life.

I pre-ordered the Billy Nomates ep on blue vinyl and ordered the Beach Bunny one as well. So much for no more spending until February!! 

16 hours ago, Mouseboy11 said:

I've tried a few times with Billy Nomates but she just doesn't click with me at all, don't get the fuss.

That's fine not everything is for everyone. There's a fair few artists that people rave about that I just don't get. We can't all love everything. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Already got the vinyl on pre-order. Looking forward to this one. You can never have too much Staves in your life.

I pre-ordered the Billy Nomates ep on blue vinyl and ordered the Beach Bunny one as well. So much for no more spending until February!! 

Haha, so little willpower when it comes to vinyl! 😄

2 minutes ago, Quark said:

Haha, so little willpower when it comes to vinyl! 😄

Especially if it's coloured vinyl!! I'm a sucker for it!! I have 7 on order with Norman Records, 4 with Piccadilly Records, 4 with Record Store.co.uk, 4 with Sister Ray and 2 direct from artists. 

I clearly need to be able to leave my house!!

On 1/20/2021 at 8:05 PM, Copperface said:

New Still Corners album The Last Exit out tomorrow.

On 1/22/2021 at 1:45 PM, FloorFiller said:

Enjoyed the new Still Corners album more than I thought I would. Sometimes they can get a bit samey and sound like a lot of other similar shit out there so the western twang they’ve added to their sound on some of this album was welcome.

Completely unfamiliar with these guys until now. Really like the sound, will explore their back catalogue a bit. Liking this a lot.

1 hour ago, mcshed said:

Is anyone keeping up with Bonnie "Prince" Billy and Bill Callahan's series of weird collaborative covers? They are all worth a listen but few of them hold enough interest to keep going back to. On paper Oldham and Callahan doing Billie Eilish should be remarkable but I haven't relistened to that since it came out. The latest offering however, a reworking of the old Palace track Arise, Therefore is fucking excellent, it's dark, it's groovy. I love it.

I was really excited when the series started - what a pairing - but I've found most of them thoroughly uninteresting. Agree this one is good though.

2 hours ago, mcshed said:

yeah been following coz of the collaborations (mainly Ty and Cory) but nothing really connected, you're right though this is ace. 

2 hours ago, priest17 said:

well the keyboardist is providing, Tom Furse released an album on Friday. Bit soundscapey for me but has interesting enough turns to get me through it.

Also Faris is doing a series of collaborations - let's hope it's better than the Callahan/Oldham one eh

https://diymag.com/2021/01/06/faris-badwan-john-coxon-collaborative-12-boiling-point-promise-land

• Like 1