2021 New Music

dentalplan

On 1/18/2021 at 6:00 PM, Homer said:

Has anyone set up a Spotify playlist for new music?

This is basically this thread's songs in a Spotify playlist, though its possible I missed stuff here and there. Hopefully I can keep up with you guys.

Edited by e2p2
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Feels like the floodgates are opening at the moment. My Spotify Release Radar has 15 new tracks befor a remix for the first time in months this week.

@priest17 cheers for the Goat Girl heads up in the week - more good stuff.

Excited for Bicep today, I preordered it on record so hoping it'll turn up today while I avoid streaming it. 

Enjoying the new Royal Blood - they're successfully finding depth in their sound.

Edited by Tommy101

50 minutes ago, st dan said:

Don’t know if there is much love for Lonely the Brave on here, but i really enjoyed their new album this morning.

Not much else out that I can see - been a slow start to 2021 for new releases so far!

I actually think it's been a solid January. Shame, Sleaford Mods and In The Pines all getting several thumbs up from me. Got the new Bicep on at the moment and it's sounding good so far. 

Morning all, I know individuals who use this forum may not be in the mood for new music today but my band ‘A Cause In Distress’ have a new single out today called ‘Modern Commerce’.

Link here, let me know your thoughts (if u have any) - http://smarturl.it/Modern-Commerce

Edited by PolygonWindow
Hyperlink
  • Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, PolygonWindow said:

Morning all, I know individuals who use this forum may not be in the mood for new music today but my band ‘A Cause In Distress’ have a new single out today called ‘Modern Commerce’.

Link here, let me know your thoughts (if u have any) - http://smarturl.it/Modern-Commerce

I enjoyed that, followed on Spotify.

2 hours ago, st dan said:

Don’t know if there is much love for Lonely the Brave on here, but i really enjoyed their new album this morning.

Not much else out that I can see - been a slow start to 2021 for new releases so far!

Not much in the way of albums for me yet, but singles and new songs have gotten off to a great start again.

Enjoyed Kiwi Jnr album, really like Dwyer's Witch Egg (surely he'll have a bit of a rest now ahah), really really liked Here Lies Man's new one, if you're into your afrobeat-meets-black-sabbath I highly recommend it.

My new record player just got delivered though so everyone else will have to wait today.

2 hours ago, PolygonWindow said:

nice one. followed you as well. 

Kiwi Jr album is another winner from them.

Enjoyed the new Still Corners album more than I thought I would. Sometimes they can get a bit samey and sound like a lot of other similar shit out there so the western twang they’ve added to their sound on some of this album was welcome.

Rhye’s new album is alright, but as has been their problem from the start, it all sounds exactly the same so what starts off being pretty great becomes forgettable by the end of each album. Some nice stuff on there though. 

1 hour ago, priest17 said:

really really liked Here Lies Man's new one, if you're into your afrobeat-meets-black-sabbath I highly recommend it.

Don’t think I’ve ever heard of these before but this is great! Nice one.

I know this isn't the coolest thing to do, but I've been active on this forum a bit since securing Glasto tickets in 2019... I put out a music video yesterday and I'm trying my best during this covid shit to keep things going. I hope someone on here finds some enjoyment in this! All the best from Canada.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Baggins7 said:

Big fan of Bicep album, straight to the top of my AOTM. Really enjoyed shame after a few more listens but not sure how much I’ll go back to it, although I’d love to see them live. Not a bad start to the year at all music wise

Yeah Bicep is easily my fave of the year so far.

Shame album starts strong but fades towards the end.

1 hour ago, TownesMR said:

I know this isn't the coolest thing to do, but I've been active on this forum a bit since securing Glasto tickets in 2019... I put out a music video yesterday and I'm trying my best during this covid shit to keep things going. I hope someone on here finds some enjoyment in this! All the best from Canada.

This is absolutely fantastic. Please keep them coming.

• Like 1

I also really enjoyed that song @TownesMR.

In terms of albums, add me to the list of those enjoying Bicep's new one. The other new one I've been listening to today is Typhoon's new album. Not an act I'd listened to before but quite enjoying this, sits somewhere along the lines of The Antlers or Bright Eyes mellower stuff