2021 New Music

dentalplan

19 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Ok, if you want a laugh then go listen to the XCERTS cover of We Built This City. The whole EP they put out today is hysterically bad....

Beach Bunny was pretty damn good though

I sat through their Avril cover, I'm not going back ahah 

• Like 1

Pinegrove released a new live album/film today which is currently streaming on YouTube and is excellent. I know a lot of people got turned off them after all the hooplah a couple of years ago, but goddamn are they such a great live band. I wasn’t a huge fan of their new album but its all sounding amazing here and I’ll have to be going back to it soon.

Have to say lads and lassies, that Shame album is a bit special. I was having a think back to the last album by a British act that I found as fresh and exciting. Best I could do was CHVRCHES debut (2013) and 'White Men Are Black Men Too' from Young Fathers (2015). Even after one listen I'd put it in that category.

First half of the Shame album is great but it drops off a fair bit in the second half. Reckon I like Human For A Minute a bit more on record than when the couple time I heard it live but still not sold on it. 

Don't think it's necessarily truly original (sounds a lot like Parquet Courts, Talking Heads and Crack Cloud) but it's definitely an improvement on the first album. 

18 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

First half of the Shame album is great but it drops off a fair bit in the second half. Reckon I like Human For A Minute a bit more on record than when the couple time I heard it live but still not sold on it. 

Don't think it's necessarily truly original (sounds a lot like Parquet Courts, Talking Heads and Crack Cloud) but it's definitely an improvement on the first album. 

Is that coz Snow Day is so good everything after pales a bit?

I'm half joking but I gotta say I really like that song 

8 hours ago, priest17 said:

oi Tom Jones new song is sick

Sick is the right word here.

The word legend : The Old French noun legende derives from the Medieval Latin legenda.

The word legend is appropriate here, for once, and the guitars!

Apparently this album came out at the end of last year (sorry don’t send me to jail) so it might’ve already come up, but Skyway Man - The World Only Ends When You Die just recently popped up on Metacritic so I decided to give it a go and I think it’s ace and I’m some sure others on here would dig it. If the words ‘psych folk opera’ sound appealing to you, check it out:

Edited by FloorFiller