The eFests Top 10 Tracks of 2020

SwedgeAntilles

9 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Does anyone actually listen to it for anything other than the shock value?

I mean, I like the shock value of it and that the world has evolved since the times where Lil' Kim was demeaned... but it's a bit "yeah, we get it". Like that Red Hot Chili Peppers song where Kiedis goes on about having a big boner.

i don't know who finds it shocking though. I feel like sometimes people act that way because they feel like they should be. Or the media need something to write about so it pretends to be shocked. I guess it's more shocking that a popular song  hasn't been made like it before.

50% of the population have a wet ass pussy during their lives, and a significant proportion of the other half think about wet ass pussy for a lot of theirs, so is it really surprising there's a pop song about it. It's relatable to everyone lol 

1 hour ago, Chawk said:

i don't know who finds it shocking though. I feel like sometimes people act that way because they feel like they should be. Or the media need something to write about so it pretends to be shocked. I guess it's more shocking that a popular song  hasn't been made like it before.

50% of the population have a wet ass pussy during their lives, and a significant proportion of the other half think about wet ass pussy for a lot of theirs, so is it really surprising there's a pop song about it. It's relatable to everyone lol 

My Neck, My Back came out in 2004, although that was before social media and everyone being invited to broadcast their opinions.

Anyway, what you're saying assumes that the world is a rational place and that certain standards aren't placed on women by society. Alas, there was outrage. You don't have to look far to find it. Usually the thing isn't 'I don't like hearing this' it's 'I don't like women saying this' and also stuff about being bad role models for children.

On 12/23/2020 at 9:01 PM, SwedgeAntilles said:

Welcome to The eFests Top 10 Tracks of 2020 (a.k.a. The big Christmas dinner first course)!

Tonight is the starter,  10 of the best cuts of the year selected by you, the great, good and bang average members of the eFests Forums family. Tomorrow comes the albums, but to tide us over until then, read on. Without further Apu...

955403.jpg

10. Miley Cyrus - Midnight Sky

Midnight Sky by Miley Cyrus on Amazon Music - Amazon.com

Thanks (mostly), to @zero000going for Midnight Sky as their track of the year Miley takes our number 10 spot...

9. Tame Impala - Lost In Yesterday

Tame Impala - Lost In Yesterday: lyrics and songs | Deezer

Next up, it's Kevin Parker's first appearance on this list. Top 5 places from @Diamond24and @nikkichelped him to the number 9 spot, and....

8. Tame Impala - Is It True

Tame Impala - The Slow Rush - Amazon.com Music

It's back to back placements for Tame Impala. This one totted up a few votes but @Haan's high placement helped it into 8th spot...

7. The 1975 - If You’re Too Shy (Let Me Know)

The 1975 - If You're Too Shy (Let Me Know): lyrics and songs | Deezer

One of the 'marmite' acts of eFests, their 2020 album 'Notes on a Conditional Form' struggled to make an impact in the albums list, but thanks in part to a number one placement from @The life of Pablo, 'If You're Too Shy' makes it into this top ten.

6. Taylor Swift - August

Taylor Swift - folklore | Reviews | Clash Magazine

TayTay Swiftay makes her first (but will it be the last?) appearance in our end of year lists. Just missing out on the top five, despite the best efforts of the likes of @circus92, @Brownie30 (see I did remember you), and @jparx who all had this in their top 5s. 

5. The Weeknd - Blinding Lights

Blinding Lights (Instrumental) by The Weeknd on Amazon Music - Amazon.com

Business end of the game now. This was a big hit for @Mattymooz, @Kalopsia and @Quarkwho helped it comfortably into 5 place....

4. Run The Jewels - JU$T

Run the Jewels - RTJ4 | Punknews.org

The People's Choice, and some of those people were @FloorFiller, @Supernintendo Chalmers, @baggie92, @mcshedand @DJL, who all helped ensure Killer Mike and El-P to their place in our tracks of the year.

3. Phoebe Bridgers - Kyoto

Phoebe Bridgers: album, låtar, spellistor | Lyssna i Deezer

PLAYER TWO HAS ENTERED THE GAME - Not messing around with the lower spots, Phoebe Bridgers goes straight into the top 3. Top 5 placements from the likes of me, @kingcrawler, @Baggins7 and @Ashl help usher in a new challenger. 

2. Taylor Swift (feat. Bon Iver) - exile

Taylor Swift - folklore - Amps and Green Screens

Taylor bites back! A comfortable number two thanks to myself, @Matt42 and many others picking exile as our best track of 2020. However, there can be only one...

1. Phoebe Bridgers - I Know The End

Phoebe Bridgers Punisher LP

It was tight until the end but the Queen of the top 3, Phoebe Bridgers, takes her spot at the top. She owe a debt of thanks to @FakeEmpire, @willd255, @Mouseboy11, @nicnzl and many, many more.

And as a little amuse-bouche....

Given the tracks was particularly tight list, have a Spotify playlist of our top 20. Enjoy and see you all again tomorrow for the main course...

Well done SwedgeAntilles

BTW, quite a list, a lot of thought went into that.

Not my list, but not a bad list.

B XXX