The MERRY CHRISTMAS Thread!

Hugh Jass

1 hour ago, MrZigster said:

That just gives me an "about gmail" page (I am on ancient kit mind). Are you shilling for Google? Merry Christmas YOAS.

Hello and Happy Xmas MrZigster,

I had no idea I was doing anything in collaboration with Google. Why wasn't I informed earlier? I'm always the last to know what's going on in my life!

It was a YouTube video that I was trying to post;

1 minute ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello and Happy Xmas MrZigster,

I had no idea I was doing anything in collaboration with Google. Why wasn't I informed earlier? I'm always the last to know what's going on in my life!

It was a YouTube video that I was trying to post;

Cool. Love a bit of KT.

Anyone else set off their smoke alarm during the process of cooking the Xmas dinner .😉😁!  Just finished waving a dish towel over it.   Mrs c is working and I’ve been left in charge.  My job is to cook and prepare three dinners for her clients and deliver them throughout the day.Opened the oven door and it was like a blast furnace but, edit! Mission accomplished! Going to make first delivery. I know it doesn’t look much but they are over 90!

65F2B64D-D02C-4A6E-98AE-D59424869A28.thumb.jpeg.1f42779620fd70bffe5c26f5cab836e3.jpeg

Edited by Ayrshire Chris
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Anyone else set off their smoke alarm during the process of cooking the Xmas dinner .😉😁!  Just finished waving a dish towel over it.   Mrs c is working and I’ve been left in charge.  My job is to cook and prepare three dinners for her clients and deliver them throughout the day.Opened the oven door and it was like a blast furnace but, edit! Mission accomplished! Going to make first delivery. I know it doesn’t look much but they are over 90!

65F2B64D-D02C-4A6E-98AE-D59424869A28.thumb.jpeg.1f42779620fd70bffe5c26f5cab836e3.jpeg

I was having to look after my mom for a few days up until yesterday afternoon. She's got the onset of dementia and my dad's death on the 11th of this month has sent her further into a spin. Anyway, I digress. the point I was trying to make was that she eats hardly anything. No amount of encouragement makes any headway. She'd never eat one of those meals above in your photo. She'd probably get almost two meals out of one of them. 

Anyway, it's very decent of you to do that for some elderly folk. I relentlessly offered my services to the Age UK charity as they were having a promotion for people to befriend elderly lonely people around them. No matter how hard I tried, how many emails I sent, they just never got around to connecting the loose strings together to make it happen. Very disappointing really. In my adult life I spent 7 years on my own, and can confirm that loneliness is a curse. I used to go to the supermarket on an evening just to be next to people. How sad is that!? Mind you, it got that bad that one evening at the supermarket (Sainsbury's in Kings Heath, if you must know) it dawned on me that people were moving away from me like I was the 'looney' that everybody steers clear of when in 'those' situations. And then it happened! I actually realised that I was talking to myself and laughing out loud every now and again too ie. like the 'looney' one actually should keep away from!

Happy Christmas all. 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I was having to look after my mom for a few days up until yesterday afternoon. She's got the onset of dementia and my dad's death on the 11th of this month has sent her further into a spin. Anyway, I digress. the point I was trying to make was that she eats hardly anything. No amount of encouragement makes any headway. She'd never eat one of those meals above in your photo. She'd probably get almost two meals out of one of them. 

Anyway, it's very decent of you to do that for some elderly folk. I relentlessly offered my services to the Age UK charity as they were having a promotion for people to befriend elderly lonely people around them. No matter how hard I tried, how many emails I sent, they just never got around to connecting the loose strings together to make it happen. Very disappointing really. In my adult life I spent 7 years on my own, and can confirm that loneliness is a curse. I used to go to the supermarket on an evening just to be next to people. How sad is that!? Mind you, it got that bad that one evening at the supermarket (Sainsbury's in Kings Heath, if you must know) it dawned on me that people were moving away from me like I was the 'looney' that everybody steers clear of when in 'those' situations. And then it happened! I actually realised that I was talking to myself and laughing out loud every now and again too ie. like the 'looney' one actually should keep away from!

Happy Christmas all. 

Merry Christmas Yog,

Sorry to hear about your dad, I remember when my dad died how concerned we were about my mum who just couldn't be bothered to eat because she was only cooking for one and it always reminded her of my dad. Over time she improved and now makes sure that she eats properly - she doesn't have the underlying health conditions that your mother has though.

I've lived on my own for a few years now, I'm on my own today, but I actually quite enjoy it. That probably says more about my anti-social personality than anything else, but I really like not having to compromise with somebody else. However I have not yet reached the point of wandering around the supermarket muttering to myself - although apparently sane people appear to be doing this until I realise that they are on the phone.

Have a good day.

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Mind you, it got that bad that one evening at the supermarket (Sainsbury's in Kings Heath, if you must know) it dawned on me that people were moving away from me like I was the 'looney' that everybody steers clear of when in 'those' situations. And then it happened! I actually realised that I was talking to myself and laughing out loud every now and again too ie. like the 'looney' one actually should keep away from!

Happy Christmas all. 

You are not alone, I’d sit next to you on bus. ! 

• Upvote 1